your speciality in military history..

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say that I would feel entirely comfortable teaching the American Civil War to High Schoolers and could hold my own in a college course. I really want to dig in to the Napoleonic period.

michammer

Reaction score
Country
ll
RichardS said:
I know just enough military history to be dangerous and not enough to be an expert. :D
That is me as well. I am especially dangerous in the RAF Bomber Command's Main Offensive. I could also cause trouble with my knowledge of the early years of the North African Campaign.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RangerBooBoo said:
I would say that I would feel entirely comfortable teaching the American Civil War to High Schoolers and could hold my own in a college course. I really want to dig in to the Napoleonic period.
I chuckle every time I see your forum name, "Ranger BooBoo." It's from the Airborn Ranger cadence, yes? Love it!
:thumup:
For m'self, I've dabbled in the American Civil War and the late Age of Sail British naval engagements; spent some serious time studying the Pacific Theater of WWII; and of course remain fascinated with Vietnam.

I have studied and continue to study in-depth the American wars & proxy-wars in Afganistan (both 1980's and current), Gulf War I & II, and v. Terror. I know just enough to know...I don't know enough! But it's fascinating, in a kind of horrid sort of way. And I have buddies getting shot at, so it's personal too...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The naval war in the Pacific, especially the Solomons campaign, although I have read extensively over the last twenty years or so on WWII.

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1940-1945 = WWII
1950-1953 = Korean War "Forgotten War"

Also, I know almost completely history about F4U Corsair fighter and US Marines Squadron of WWII.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brad Ritter said:
I don't know Jack, but I prefer WWII and the American Civil War.
Jack's a good buddy of mine, we go huntin' every once in a while for wingnuts...
:D
Jes' kiddin'. Good to meet you, Brad!!!

Reaction score
RichardS said:
I know just enough military history to be dangerous and not enough to be an expert. :D I do like following military technology and esp. procurement trends in the modern era. I think I am fairly knowledgeable about WWII and the American Civil War. I also tend to specialize in individual battles rather than entire conflicts such as Jutland, Arnhem, Midway, etc. All that being said; I am willing to learn from anyone. :hush:
Richard, you're being FAR too modest..........

He also has the most extensive digital photo libraries of any member......

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd like to think that I have at least a general knowledge of a broad spectrum of military history. Areas of more specific knowledge in descending order would be......

-American Civil War
-World War II
-American Revolutionary War....especially trans-Appalachia and early Kentucky settlement
-Napoleonic Wars-especially Peninsula campaign
-English History
-Russian History
-Roman History
-War of 1812
-World War I
-Boer War
-Korean War
-Vietnam War
-Thirty Years War
-Falklands War
-Crusades

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Richa333 said:
I chuckle every time I see your forum name, "Ranger BooBoo." It's from the Airborn Ranger cadence, yes? Love it!
:thumup:
For m'self, I've dabbled in the American Civil War and the late Age of Sail British naval engagements; spent some serious time studying the Pacific Theater of WWII; and of course remain fascinated with Vietnam.

I have studied and continue to study in-depth the American wars & proxy-wars in Afganistan (both 1980's and current), Gulf War I & II, and v. Terror. I know just enough to know...I don't know enough! But it's fascinating, in a kind of horrid sort of way. And I have buddies getting shot at, so it's personal too...
Actually it is a combination of the names of my two dachshunds. Sounds military though don't it. Hate to disappoint. :laugh:

BigDog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Darn I thought I had replied to this along time ago. While I wouldn't call myself an expert, I have always been interested in WW2 Aviation. I have also read about that conflict in general all my life. I am a former Infantry man so that might as well be tossed in. I know a decent amount about America's conflicts. But I suppose I am alot like many others here that anything from "Grog vs Oog with a rock" to "today in Iraq" will interest me. I also like learning about obscure actions.

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No secret here for me. ;)

It's World War II; mainly the European battlefields with a working knowledge of the Pacific and Burma Theatres.
It always amazes me how much there is still to learn about this conflict.

Reaction score
tigersqn said:
No secret here for me. ;)

It's World War II; mainly the European battlefields with a working knowledge of the Pacific and Burma Theatres.
It always amazes me how much there is still to learn about this conflict.
You're far too modest.....you are the Panzermeister!

Stratagos

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I've taken an interest in just about everything from Qadesh to Falujah, I'm always coming back to WWII (all theaters, air, land & sea). Additionally, I find the 19th century wars for empire a constant source of fascination.

Rilie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Though like many that have posted here I'm interested in all aspects of military history. I tend to focus on Pre-revolutionary war North America and the Native America wars throughout the continent.

I also study military leadership at all levels, which again leads me to reading books from a variety of wars.

Reaction score
Rilie said:
Though like many that have posted here I'm interested in all aspects of military history. I tend to focus on Pre-revolutionary war North America and the Native America wars throughout the continent.

I also study military leadership at all levels, which again leads me to reading books from a variety of wars.
If you like the pre-Revolutionary War era of North America you should see some of the posts HiredGoon has put up. I think you'll find quite a bit of info, he is very knowlegable.

BTW, welcome to the forums. I have spent a fair amount of time in Frederick, I grew up in Rockville.