Your mind on buying?

Your mid on buying?

• Yes. will buy upon release

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No, will wait for player reviews then decide

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • No, will wait forthe first patch then decide.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No, won't be buying it at all.

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least MikeyD isn't posting stupid cartoons of Marines yelling, like that Huntarr guy.

But yeah, another step back to a boardgame - a big piece of FoW gone. I'm sorry, not "gone", because we shouldn't compare the two, just not there.

-dale

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I knew it was only a matter of time before MikeyD showed up to spread some PR love (no sarcasm intended, really). At least our own little Elvis was his usual reasonable self. Steve really needs to sit the beta testers down and reign a few of them in. They are doing BFC no favors.
He doesn't really think that Kübelwagens were mis-IDed as Tigers, does he? I think about 50% of his posts is some contest to see how big a fool he can represent himself as. Just unbelievable.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think he reads these forums too much and it makes him overly sensitive, especially when we are right. Which isn't often.

Tanker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would like to say that I will wait on reviews/play the demo before buying, but the truth is I will purchase upon release (and probably preorder). I still have so much good will towards BFC from the CMx1 games that I am willing to take a chance. I never got "burned" by CMSF, because, having little interest in "modern" combat sims, I never purchased it, or even played the demo. Now that they are releasing a shiny new WW2 Combat Mission, there is no way I'm not going to buy it. If it sucks and I get burned, my good will will evaporate and I will not buy any of the inevitable sequels.
There is such a thing as learning from the experience of others so you don't repeat the lessons of history. It does not matter what period CMSF covered, it was still a broken game when released. BFC's attitude towards players was unhelpful also. All of that militates towards a wait and see attitude. For me, they have to prove themselves again.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scary part is the way the forums are going, it may end up July, 2007 all over again. Even if the game comes out 100% playable.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As I've said all along, the damage done to their brand by CMSF and its release goes far beyond a few "no sale"s like me getting in word wars with beta testers - it's the kind of bad taste that people remember. If CMN comes out they may still sell a bunch smply because it IS WWII tactical, but building back their brand long term is going to take a kind of skill and effort that they've shown no interest or ability in so far.

-dale

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Do you hear that, Moon? An AAR would be very timely. ;)

Or maybe a comparison of CMBN to CMBO. Or even a compare/contrast of CMBN and CMSF. Something. Start your PR campaign now. I don't think a single sticky thread with an ambiguously-written features list will keep the savages at bay.

Maybe a video of GIs sloshing through a stream would be a start.
I guess it is not too soon to say thank you, either.

Pillar

Reaction score
I was a "2" but after seeing the video on YouTube, the lack of wego support (still) and with PzC:O I'm "4" now. It looks like it plays exactly the same as CMSF, with none of the problems addressed. The FOW trenches and foxholes are good though.