Your Favourite TV series...

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I post this after picking up the fifth and final season of Babylon 5 on DVD yesterday. I have to admit I'm normally not one to watch TV, let alone buy DVDs of Tv shows, by B5 was by and far the show that I *had* to watch each week. It also had a bit of a incongruous showing in Oz, and because of that, I only ended up seeing half the episodes when I actually got the DVDs.

Just wondering what other series people would spend their hard earned on to own for good.

ps. before anyone asks, B5 was the only sci-fi I really watched, Star trek just drive me insane with it's seemingly endless, go nowhere plotlines, and Deep Space Nine just seemed like a B5 rip off. And even though the Yanks seem to love it, Farscape floated like a lead balloon here, which is amusing as it was filmed here ;)

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Futurama
Ren & Stimpy
Band of Brothers
Tripping the Rift
Invader Zim
Monty Python's Flying Circus

Pfc TAZ

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Country
llUnited States
I'll go with my favorite old show = Combat!

Favorite 80's show = Magnum P.I. I went to Hawaii on vacation and it was great when I would find a plaque saying Magnum PI episode # was shot here.

Favorite semi-recent shows = Millenium

I just got the new Millenium and Magnum P.I. series on DVD they are great. I mainly watch sports and movies now.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My fav has got to be Magnum PI followed by Band of Brothers, Mission Impossible, and what the Hell..Knight Rider

Finally completed collecting all of the X-Files, man FOX took way too long in releasing that series! :rolleyes:

Finally Paramount got off their butts and release the original Star Trek in one box set! I was a bit shocked by the price though :surprise:

I want to Believe!:alien:
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i still think the "honeymooners" with jackie gleason and the gang was some of the best comedy tv has ever seen.just bought the boxed set,worth every penny.when i was a kid there was a little series called "outer limits"wish i could find that on dvd.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Terry Patterson said:
thanks doughboy i will.cross of iron is one of my favorite movies.have you ever read the book? it'll blow you away.
Yes, long time ago..there were a lot of differences in a big way. Too bad Peckinpah couldn't finish the film properly. Heard he was under enormous stress to get the film out aka butchered state.:eek:

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
I would definitely agree that Combat! was a good series. I too thought B5 was a great series. It is one of the few series that has a strong arc tying it together. The B5 moves are also out on DVD. Roughnecks, The Starship Trooper Chronicles is also very well done.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
scuud said:
You get all of those in Germany?
Futurama: yes, but in a horrible translation, but thanks to the Internet I can enjoy the original :)
Ren & Stimpy: yes, with a good translation but thanx to the Internet I can also enjoy the original
Band of Brothers: No, the Internet helped
Tripping the Rift: No, Internet again
Invader Zim: No, Internet
Monty Python's Flying Circus: yes, english original with german subtitles (some of the Python movies were horribly translated into german :eek: )

Long live the Internet ! :D

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Magnum P.I. was a favourite when I was in High School. I still have a replica of his ring I bought through a mail order catalogue. (sitting in my desk at home,I believe.)

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Star Trek
M*A*S*H
The Carol Burnett Show
All in the Family
Mork & Mindy
(nothing worth squat started in the 80's!)
ER
CSI (NONE of the crappy spin-offs!)
Survivor
Father of the Pride
Scrubs