What are some of your favorite tunes? Here is one I like a lot:

[YOUTUBE]XhSx8uKdD5o[/YOUTUBE]

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh no!, not another music thread!

:)

This is where I mention I like old music, and if you are under 25, chances are you and I won't like each other's music.

I don't think rap or street or hip hop or whatever that garbage is called, is music. That covers that section about right.

I generally find country to be depressing.

I generally find Techno occasionally interesting if the beat is just right.

But if I had to pick "ultimate" music, I would go with Rush, Abba, Supertramp, Boston, BTO, and an assortment of Anime based stuff my immediate choices.

Amazing Grace for me transcends most music, but if it isn't played by massed bagpipes, I'm generally not into it. It's not really the lyrics that mean something to me, it's just a haunting tune.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Here are some others I like:

God Moving Over the Face of the Waters - Moby
This Love - Craig Armstrong
Kryptonite - Three Doors Down
Better Off Alone - Alice Deejay
New Dawn Fades - Moby
Lily Was Here - Dave Stewart & Candy Dulfer
Mad World - Michael Andrews
Into the Night - Benney Mardones
Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sometimes a song will be special for me only because of it's past with me.

Example, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Ripplin Waters. During the height of my depression during the last half of the 90's I met this gal through chatting online through ICQ. She basically allowed me to escape my depression and made me feel better about being me. She liked Ripplin Waters, and suggested I check it out. I generally don't mind the song, but it's special to me, because it reminds me of her. She did more for me than the entire psychiatric profession.

Haven't chatted with her in years. She went through a messy divorce, but found herself a nice new chap. But I still remember her for how she helped me regain my sense of worth through just chatting.

Most of the songs I listen to, usually have a special reason attached to them for why I love the song.
With the exception of my obsession with Rush, no band has ever made their music my favourite based only on the strength of their skills. There has to be a personal connection to it.

In the case of Abba, I like it, because I had a wargamer friend (swedish) who used to play a lot of Squad Leader with me when it first came out. Today, whenever I listen to Abba, I am magically back in time when Squad Leader first arrived.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
at the moment i've really been into All That Remains and also some Arch Enemy.

couldnt figure out how to post the YouTube video to share in the goodness.

Last edited:

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yellowcard are getting close to releaseing their new album so if it's not anime songs i'm listening to them. :D

This is one of the new songs, called Fighting. It's a live version though:
[YOUTUBE]xDBPua66fS4[/YOUTUBE]

That wasn't really one of their best live performances (i've seen and been to better) but it was one of the best clips of their new songs, so i'm also posting the vid from their last single, Rough Landing, Holly. Enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]jvIrs53jqWY[/YOUTUBE]

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I guess I suck at embedding YouTube videos .. :/

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/v/KN0rTyaFaTo[/YOUTUBE]

At any rate - I heard this odd Norwegian group on NHL 06 - I have no idea if this will show anything other than a white box. :paperbag:

Last edited:

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess I suck at embedding YouTube videos .. :/

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/v/KN0rTyaFaTo[/YOUTUBE]

At any rate - I heard this odd Norwegian group on NHL 06 - I have no idea if this will show anything other than a white box. :paperbag:
yeah, i know what you mean, i couldnt figure out how to embed the videos either.

NHL 06 had a pretty decent lineup of songs. i love the song by American Head Charge, that has become one of my favorite toons!