Your favorite Schwerpunkt scenario?

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ASLers,
Recently, the Tampa ASL group designers were sitting around the table discussing the popularity of some of our scenarios. Help us resolve the argument. What is yuor favorite Schwerpunkt scenario?

Evan Sherry
Tampa ASL Group

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Before last week, I would have said "Taurus Pursuant", a great scenario.

Now,I would definitely say "Men From Mars", an EXCELLENT scenario. :D

(Although Boeinked freaking rocks too! :D )
:salute:

Last edited:

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Fave Schwerpunkt scenarios

Well for me issues 7 and 8 were probably the best (so far).

From 7 I'd pick SP74 The Last Tiger and and SP75 Taurus Pursuant.

From 8 I'd go with SP89 Assaulting Tes and SP95 Burn Gurkha Burn!

I'd give an honourable mention to SP73 Seregelyes SlugOut. Primarily for the memory of the Yahtzee of ones I rolled on a shot from one of my IS2's at one of Dave Longworth's King Tigers on a LOS he hadn't seen. i think by that stage I'd killed four of the big Kitties without loss.

I've only played Seizing the Sittang Bridge from the latest set but it was pretty good.

Richard

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not to be an ego-stroker :strokin: but I don't think I've had anything but a great time with any SP scenario (though, admittedly, I haven't played any of the Bob Walden :salute: designed scenarios). Of the more memeorable ones off the top of my head:

-any of the Ghurka series
-The Last Tiger (PSK shot from the back of a HT KO'ing a JS while shrugging off the backblast :nuts: )
-Ils ne passeront pas
-For Whom the Bells Toll (my paras got their a**es kicked for the first two-three turns but got their MARINE on for the end-game, still lost but it came down to the last CC DR where I rolled a 10 or so to blow it <needed an 8 or so to win>)
_Audie Murphy, sorry, Audie died...
-Husum Hotfoot, seeing Gary Trezza nearly chuck his dice when my 81mm mortar went on a ROF tear in it's boresighted location was priceless. This mortar almost single-handedly won the scenario :smoke:
-Give Them Some Steel!, my closest opportunity at beating Scott Romanowski, it came down to the final two CCs where, once again, I rolled attrociously enough to snatch defeat from a near-certain victory. (I only had to win ONE of them, with both being enough in my favour for SR to feel he had lost)

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heavy metal brawl

I really had a blast with Seregelyes Slugout(SP73) Panthers, King Tigers, IS2ms and Heavy OBA on both sides playing in the Mud. It was great!
Jimfer

Steiner!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I only have the first 4 SP's, but of those my favorite has been SP15 Tabbiano Fabbioche (sp). My Germans pulled out the victory in the last CC.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably the most fun I had was playing Husum Hotfoot as the Germans where I won it in the last CC -- very tense. My opponents Wasps just *never* ran out of juice!

I have a boatload of SP scenarios on my must-play list. The Green House anyone?

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
My top five (in no particular order):

Cross of Lorraine SP17
The Eternal City SP33
Paco Station SP50
Jura Juggernaut SP101
Olboeter's Escape SP109

da priest

Reaction score
Hmm..strange, they are mostly good solid scenarios that I have played. :confused:

No Totsuckis, no White Tigers..but good solid stuff...

Men from Mars comes closest to the "have to play again" or "wouldn't mind playing again, a couple of times" stuff...:smoke:

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Countertroll said:
Ghurka series.
Kenn,

Hugh Downing has another Gurkha scenario that will be in Schwerpunkt #11. It is called Bleed Gurkha Bleed. It is a good one that I'm sure you will enjoy.

Evan Sherry

Harold

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Almost all that I have played I enjoyed. Stryker's Charge comes to mind as an interesting oone. Same with The Bridge at Stavelot and McCown Encounter but I bungled both of those and they are the rare few of all ASL scenarios that I would seriously consider playing again.

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think that I have run across a single bad scenario from Schwerepunkt.

Men from Mars absolutely rocked...awesome scenario that I would definately play again anytime.

Several others that I played as a newbie (and got thuroughly creamed)I would like to go back and try again (Bridge at Stavelot, Cross of Lorraine, Hornet of Coleville...).

Yes, Evan...your scenarios are good and probably the best out there...please keep up the good work!

Semper Fi!
Scott

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Favorite SP scenario

All the SP scenarios are good! I can honestly say they are my favorite publisher, including MMP/AH. As for my favorite scenario, I will take The Five Pound Prize or Twilight of the Reich. Both have plenty of action, but yet are playable in an evening after work and both are balanced enough I would take either side straight up.

Doug

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have played 2 bad SP scenarios. Based on the amount out there, it is a pretty good ratio.
Thanks for the heads up Evan, I look forward to SP 11...(I know, don't we all!)

Tork

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm, lots of great fun with the SP scenarios... They bring back some great moments in my personal history.

SP6, Udarnik Bridgehead, is my favorite teaching scenario. The Russians sit back and shoot--great for a newbie to see ASL in action.
SP22, Tod's Last Stand, vs Tom Morin at the Noreaster in 1998. When the TD announced the matchups for that round, it was like I was at my own wake. "Nice to know ya, kid..." Was great to turn that around. Commando Kelly & Paco Station vs Scott Romanowski, between having my heroes die for no effect in PS, while sneaking my last tank offboard for the EVP in CK. Slaughter at Krutik vs Dr. Rob. The Last Tiger and Race for the Sarvis against Rowland (he deployed my Tiger I in TLT with a 152mm critical hit, followed by snakes on the TK roll...). One Tough Canuck against the Andybot. And I cannot forget my absolute worst defeat ever in Frankforce vs Randy, where just about the entire German OB was captured by the Brits.

If I had to vote for the most boring SP scenario, I'd go for 'Hills of Lagonovo', as the Russians. Sit back and get overrunned. Only one I didn't enjoy.

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Being relatively new, I've only played one so far - Why at Erp. It was a blast and went down to CC during the last player turn. I'm looking forward to playing many more! :cheeky:

Chris

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
These are amongst the best (well-balanced) scenarios out there. I have to say that I too really enjoyed #115 - The Five Pound Prize. I think that #62 - In Ne Passerant Pas pulls a close second. I played the former in the 2004 ASLOK Schwerpunkt mini tournament against Doug Kirk. Even though I enjoyed the game, you can imagine the heavy teasing I got from my friends (including Tapio) for playing in (and winning) a plaque for a Schwerpunkt-sponsored tournament! It was an odd highlight for me for ASLOK 2004.

Dave