Your favorite game of the series

Birdgunner

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jean said:
Hi Denis,
(Jean)
I'm new to OCS too having bought Tunisia in the last month.
I'd be interested in a Cyberboard game to learn OCS too.

You might be interested to know that I live in Sherbrooke.
If interested let me know.

All the best.

Jean
Hi Jean,

Glad to hear from you. Unfortunatly,I am a little busy now and won't be able to start a game. Perhaps in a couple of weeks?

Sherbrooke is the closest I have heard of an OCS player to Quebec. If your ever in Quebec we will have to get in a game. Likewise if I am ever in Sherbrooke.

Cheers,
Denis

swell

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i have DAKII setup in my basement right now, i would say its my favorite OCS game because of the Geography. make sure you read the Player's Notes because mounting an offensive is a fairly complex ordeal. proper use of reserve markers can be devistating.

i got this conference table from a bank that was upgrading their furniture, its 90x40 inches and has a one piece glass top. :D

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice table. :)

Not sure which my favorite OCS is - Eastern Front, but a tough call between them. I've srobably spent more time playing Hube's than any other - each time as the Germans, each time losing, but taking *longer* to lose each time. :)

LDM

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For me, Hube's.
For Big Games, Enemy at the Gates.
I have a challange for GBII ready to go. I just had the maps laminated.We're trying a double blind system out.The other guy is a 'by the numbers' kind of guy where as I am a Deep Operations fan.Can you think of a better game system then OCS to play these styles out? :D < I prefer Russians :devil: >

Calgary for an education eh? Hmmm, well, so....( I had mine at the U of S, in wait for it, Saskatoon) :eek:

And thats not a table, its a floor disguised as one. If I had a table like that in my games room, I'd never have to leave the house! :love: ;)

Last edited:

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
LDM said:
For me, Hube's.
For Big Games, Enemy at the Gates.
I have a challange for GBII ready to go. I just had the maps laminated.We're trying a double blind system out.The other guy is a 'by the numbers' kind of guy where as I am a Deep Operations fan.Can you think of a better game system then OCS to play these styles out? :D < I prefer Russians :devil: >

Calgary for an education eh? Hmmm, well, so....( I had mine at the U of S, in wait for it, Saskatoon) :eek:

And thats not a table, its a floor disguised as one. If I had a table like that in my games room, I'd never have to leave the house! :love: ;)
Yup east front ..... can't wait for Case Blue!!

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Favorite game depends on the mood your in

Well this is a tough one ...

TCS - I played more GD40 than any other of this series but SF and SEiH come a close 2nd. The other games in the series I think its what kind of mood your in ..... black Wednesday is another great one if you love carnage .. the Russian hordes coming at ya with tanks you blast away as best you can until they reach your trench line then all hell really breaks loss, Lero and HftS are also great if you like Para's dropping in, it can have some interesting situations develop depending where your guys land.. you know the more I think about this the more I realize that if you love the TCS system all the games can be ranked in 1st place .... it depends on the mood your in.

Walt Kenney

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Favorites

OCS system

Enemy at the Gates. Lots of units, both sides have many opportunities to lose/win this one.

TCS

GD40 or Bloody 110

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SCS - Afrika. It reminds me of good old Afrika Corp, but has a little more detail and much better graphics. Fallschrimjaeger is supposed to be the most balanced and intense, as things are in the balance from the start. Haven't tried it yet. Brought out the Mighty Endeavor last night and looked thru it. Reminds me of why I like the SCS system. One countersheet, one small set of rules and a gorgeous map. Great job by Dean and MMP.

TCS - GD 40. Something about the battle of Stonne that I really like. Maybe it's because it's a battle where the French actually had a chance. It's an extremely fun game on this battle.