You Probably Shouldn't, But You Do Anyway

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I don’t require a unit be temporarily revealed to see a ‘real’ unit. I believe you.
Ok, this is interesting. I read a lot of comments about trust and sportsmanship. I thought this was part of the game. I always thought that it was another way to "collect information on the ground". If I am wrong, I need to recall in next gatherings/tournaments.
:unsure:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, this is interesting. I read a lot of comments about trust and sportsmanship. I thought this was part of the game. I always thought that it was another way to "collect information on the ground". If I am wrong, I need to recall in next gatherings/tournaments.
It’s in the rules but it’s your call. I don’t need to see a ‘boot’ and ya can’t make me.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I mean, I CAN make you: I can drop concealment whenever I want.

Another answer: Taking prisoners
If you want to voluntarily drop concealment, that’s different. Go for it. Besides, I will voluntarily reveal my unit before you have a chance.

Last edited:

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
It’s in the rules but it’s your call. I don’t need to see a ‘boot’ and ya can’t make me.
Well but if this is not in the rule, that it is even more difficult. Are we simply saying "don't lose concealment because is a dummy"? There are quite a number of effects, in primis, if the OB give one side a number of dummies, what we do? We simply take out the concealment to our units, or we ask to our opponent "is this real?". I am very confused. I guess moving forwards I will ask my opponent how he wants to play with this. Really confused....

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well but if this is not in the rule, that it is even more difficult. Are we simply saying "don't lose concealment because is a dummy"? There are quite a number of effects, in primis, if the OB give one side a number of dummies, what we do? We simply take out the concealment to our units, or we ask to our opponent "is this real?". I am very confused. I guess moving forwards I will ask my opponent how he wants to play with this. Really confused....
Don’t be confused, play it the way you want to. I believe the rule says ‘temporarily reveal’. It doesn’t say I must look. Lol Then I have plausible deniability.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I wouldn't make an opponent show the record of HIP, mines or whatever. Slows things down.

Besides if you feel you have to cheat me to win go right ahead. I'll accept it as a compliment and hopefully kick your ass anyway. YMMV.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I wouldn't make an opponent show the record of HIP, mines or whatever. Slows things down.

Besides if you feel you have to cheat me to win go right ahead. I'll accept it as a compliment and hopefully kick your ass anyway. YMMV.
I agree about checking the hip units (and about cheating, I play a lot of PBEM and you have to trust fully your opponents…), I normally don’t ask. But I usually play “with” my opponent, and not “against” it. The game should be good time for both, so if there is something “unclear”, prefer to clarify instead of making my opponent upset. Thanks for the info. Always useful to look at this fortm.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I agree about checking the hip units (and about cheating, I play a lot of PBEM and you have to trust fully your opponents…), I normally don’t ask. But I usually play “with” my opponent, and not “against” it. The game should be good time for both, so if there is something “unclear”, prefer to clarify instead of making my opponent upset. Thanks for the info. Always useful to look at this fortm.
Very nice attitude Sir. That's the kind of " opponent " I always enjoyed playing.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You are not wrong, Maurizizo.
As an acceptable alternative to actually temporarily revealing a unit, consider declaring what the unit is.
”I have a 4-6-7 here.” That reduces stack fumbling and speeds play.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
This all depends if you can remember what is HIP, concealed, etc.

" I've got a 4-6-7 under that " ? ". "

Two turns later.

" Damn! I thought I had a 4-6-7 there. "
Probably more of a problem after liberal consumption of refreshments.

Wtf. If that happens just laugh it off. Call your opponent a lightweight jick and get back to enjoying playing the best game around and more refreshments.