You finish a scenario, your opponent says .............

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What would you like to hear from your opponent? Maybe you won, maybe you lost, your choice or answer for both outcomes.

For me it would be:

" That was really a fun scenario and we both learned a lot. Let me open this bottle of wine and you set up the scenario again. "

Happy Mothers of Invention Day to everyone.
I know that you and Fish coined the term ‘jick’~ combo jerk/dick so I want to share another term. While playing ‘Fire in the East’ we had to count up flak factors and my friend accidentally coined the perfect word: ‘flaktor’. The game stopped for like five minutes of laughing. From then on we would say, maybe giggling, ‘How many flaktors do you have in that hex ?’ Good times.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
That's a million in $100 bills...not as big as most folks think. A million in $1000 bills is only 10 bundles of bills (would make a single stack about 7" tall.

View attachment 13340
Gary are you sure about the bills denomination's,
That's a million in $100 bills...not as big as most folks think. A million in $1000 bills is only 10 bundles of bills (would make a single stack about 7" tall.

View attachment 13340
Gary are you sure about that? My eyesight isn't what it used to be but each bundle seems to be 100 million.
I know that you and Fish coined the term ‘jick’~ combo jerk/dick so I want to share another term. While playing ‘Fire in the East’ we had to count up flak factors and my friend accidentally coined the perfect word: ‘flaktor’. The game stopped for like five minutes of laughing. From then on we would say, maybe giggling, ‘How many flaktors do you have in that hex ?’ Good times.
Lmao! Out of the mouths of babes.

Jick was actually combo of : jackass + dick.
Fish called it as he saw it.

Flaktor! That's funny!

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain

View attachment 13340
I’ve just lost a suitcase like this one.. may you check the name on the front?

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
F... VASL diceboot.. we need to use some variant rules next time..
?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The jick flaktor!

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary are you sure about the bills denomination's,

Gary are you sure about that? My eyesight isn't what it used to be but each bundle seems to be 100 million.

Lmao! Out of the mouths of babes.

Jick was actually combo of : jackass + dick.
Fish called it as he saw it.

Flaktor! That's funny!
That was my friend and great wargamer Jim Gainer. He pasted away awhile ago. He would count up the entire front and then attack most efficiently, making every factor count. I learned alot from Jim and incorporated some of his strategies into my own repertoire making me a better wargamer.

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great game. Congratulations. I almost had you.

It's cool that you beat Pleva, McGrath, Fortenberry, Tracy and Bendis on the way to our championship match.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Ahhhh.. I am blind!!
The dicebot was worse than usual yesterday Joe, ask Tom, made your infamous dice streaks look tame!

I don't mind a few high dice rolls, just not all at once in a playtest, sort of defeats the purpose but we'll

just switch sides and try again next week, at least we were playing ASL and having fun, no matter the evil bot, Vic.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The dicebot was worse than usual yesterday Joe, ask Tom, made your infamous dice streaks look tame!

I don't mind a few high dice rolls, just not all at once in a playtest, sort of defeats the purpose but we'll

just switch sides and try again next week, at least we were playing ASL and having fun, no matter the evil bot, Vic.
I played today. Robert's dice on turn one: 11, 11, 12, 11, 11, 12, 11. It wasn't good. On the day, he averaged > 8 over 50 rolls. As people say, the dice even out <rolls eyes> -- jim

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I am running along that same streak. I have 3 Live VASL games going now and I absolutely guarantee my avg. DR is at least 7. I am rolling boxcars like it is cool. My opponents (not all of them) are rolling 3, 4 very often. It gets very frustrating.

Last year I had to stop playing (around August). I was 3-25 and some of those games were complete slaughters. My opponent would virtually walk right through me. Curtis Brooks use to say "you have Traver dice". The dice bot is absolute crap. It gets locked into one side getting somewhat low rolls and the other side gets somewhat high.

I am not a great player or even a very good player but I can play the damn game!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played today. Robert's dice on turn one: 11, 11, 12, 11, 11, 12, 11. It wasn't good. On the day, he averaged > 8 over 50 rolls. As people say, the dice even out <rolls eyes> -- jim
YES!!!!

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
During the last F2F game I played before isolation started, I rolled 5 boxcars within 1.5 turns. The battlefield wasn't littered with dead soldiers - it was littered with broken equipment and soldiers cursing their broken equipment.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The dice bot is absolute crap. It gets locked into one side getting somewhat low rolls and the other side gets somewhat high.
Right. Because when rolling physical dice that never happens. :rolleyes:

I've been blessed by the dice bot and I've been cursed by it. I've got the same blessings and curses from rolling physical dice. Getting a string of poor dice rolls is terrible, to be sure, but blaming the dice bot is no different to complaining about the weather: nothing useful comes from it.

Where it gets interesting is when both sides are rolling terribly. It's like watching two very old men, both in wheel chairs, trying to have a fistfight. Just embarrassing all around.