Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just an additional idea : a Yugoslavia centered pack could regroup the 1941 German invasion, then Partisan and liberation activities (between Tito and nationalists, vs. Italians, vs. Croat Ustashi, vs. Germans).
And the Hungarians and the Bulgarians...

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While there is an upcoming AP on a Soviet infantry division, I would like to see one on 4th Tank Brigade that became 1st Guards Tank Brigade and gave the Germans fits at Mtsensk.

Of the previously mentioned, I like best, in order, Spanish Civil War, China and Yugoslavia. Any one of those could well merit nearly a full module on its own.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Korean War is missing from the list. A new KW AP with Fort style boards would be a nice compliment to the KW module after its released.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted for Axis Allies but after thinking about it I wonder if something about special forces/commandos would be better. Maybe highlighting units like No. 1 Demolition Squadron, PPA (Popski's Private Army).

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just an additional idea : a Yugoslavia centered pack could regroup the 1941 German invasion, then Partisan and liberation activities (between Tito and nationalists, vs. Italians, vs. Croat Ustashi, vs. Germans).
Oh dang, good idea.

Speaking of the Balkans, I think Greece could be interesting in a manner similar to what you described for Yugoslavia - Italian invasion, Greek counter attack, German invasion, Greek Civil War. I think there could be some interesting tactical situations in there. Shame I have none of the language skills to do the research for such encounters.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm eagerly awaiting Pete's Chapter E Action Pack.....:waiting:
Tentatively scheduled for ASLOk 2019. Sorry that's still a bit far off, but the only way to get the proper playtest/rules change resources devoted to it is to clear the list of some less ambitious projects.

The good news is the scenario and map design work are pretty much done (although its still far enough out that we can change the scope a little bit if needed. )

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Early to mid-war engagements are underrepresented in official scenarios. Of the 1063 published, 460 take place on or after 6 June 1944. There are only 166 before 22 June 1941. There are no official scenarios depicting actions involving Chinese Communist party troops.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Always, there's EC moderate with no wind at start.

All lies! Where's the rain and the friggin' Mud?

We need a "Rain & Mud" pack. Call it the "Dirty Dozen" and stick with... [err...] - no - in it.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
No offense, but it sounds more like work than play.
Not necessarily. Similar to PTO, Night, etc. but in a much lesser extent it is about "rethinking" the terrain, really. Paved roads are of higher importance, other terrain brings higher risk of Bog that is to be carefully balanced against the benefit of "unforseen" movement, Rain will make units more difficult to harm (which can actually help them while moving), etc.

It would bring rarely seen nuances. Similar like playing Winter/Snow.

von Marwitz