Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
???????????????????????????

Now I got that song in my head for the rest of day! I'm gonna hear it when trying to sleep tonight too!!!!!!
Nothing like a good earworm to promote insomnia!?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Now I got that song in my head for the rest of day! I'm gonna hear it when trying to sleep tonight too!!!!!!
You got off lucky. I worked with a fellow who had belonged to a Zen Buddhist temple down in San Francisco for a short while. I guess part of their 'battle rhythm' was to have a prolonged fast and vow of silence on a regular basis - talking days in length - which they prepared for with a big feast. At the feast you talked as much as you wanted, and got it out of your system while eating everything you wanted. One bright soul spent the entire feast humming Barry Manilow's "Copacabana." No one thought much of it until the fast and silence started the next day, and every one of his companions had "at the Copa….Copacabana" going through their heads with no way of exorcising it for however many days the fast was. Once they could speak again I believe the first thing they did was evict him. :)

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Board 86 -
I like it for the most part
  • you can use each half independently of the other - good flexibility
Some scenario designers really appreciate this. :)

Board 85 - (hey, while I'm at the well)

And like 85, not so crazy about it for these reasons:
  • Scattered copses of Woods - good for ASL hiding, but realistic? not sure here - sketchy
Makes it easier to use just one or two overlays for maximum effect. (And better aesthetically, too) :)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Some scenario designers really appreciate this. :)

Makes it easier to use just one or two overlays for maximum effect. (And better aesthetically, too) :)
Fish had a talent for making it easy to use half a board independent of the other half. ????????

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Again, I like both boards 85 and 86 but can't help but comment about the little things that go into board design. Overall, they're IMO great additions to the system. Agreed that the off-center pods of terrain (villages / hills) give designers like Pete good ammunition for new scenarios - that's a good thing. I have oodles of sketches with that in mind. We always need more variety of villages, hills, and other fightable terrain (not to mention other types that tie these fightable locations together - transition and open type 'lay-up' terrain).

Also, in addition to new geoboards, we have room to introduce larger overlays to use with existing boards. There are several boards that invite half-board overlays and the advantage of this, I would assume, is cost. (2 for the price of one).

As I've always thought - once you have all the Rules and all the Counters (which many of us do) - how else to expand the system that we're addicted to other than with new battlefields? The guys with ASL imagination - the designers thrive - on it. They keep it alive and fresh. Throw em some bones to chew!