Yes the ASL OPEN is Still Happening

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In order to reach the broadest audience of ASL readers on this forum, I posted here. Unless there is a widespread outbreak of the coronovirus in Chicago, the OPEN will go forward, 3/26/2020 - 3/28/2020.

If the situation should radically change in the next two weeks, I will make a separate posting under a new thread.

So, if you want to participate in an ASL tournament before things get radically worse (hopefully that will not happen), come to the OPEN.

See the website: for details.

David Goldman

cifdale

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
Jeff DeYoung and Mark DeVries will be there. Mark is planning on winning the tourney, while I am available for 6 lucky players to pad their victory totals! Looking forward to this very much, David runs a top notch tournament.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff DeYoung and Mark DeVries will be there. Mark is planning on winning the tourney, while I am available for 6 lucky players to pad their victory totals! Looking forward to this very much, David runs a top notch tournament.
C'mon now, you beat me last year with a successful +5TH DR and a great last turn rush (it was a rough year all around after that for me)! Curtis & I are still planning on being there as is Steve Rogers. Should be a good match between Curtis & Mark as I believe Wes may be a no-show (but not sure).

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
In order to reach the broadest audience of ASL readers on this forum, I posted here. Unless there is a widespread outbreak of the coronovirus in Chicago, the OPEN will go forward, 3/26/2020 - 3/28/2020.

If the situation should radically change in the next two weeks, I will make a separate posting under a new thread.

So, if you want to participate in an ASL tournament before things get radically worse (hopefully that will not happen), come to the OPEN.

See the website: for details.

David Goldman
Common sense and good hygiene must rule the day going forward, having tissues, wipes and hopefully hand sanitizer available until this gets under control is probably the new normal, no more sharing dice, and please cough or sneeze away from the table and into your tissue people!

We are planning on holding our usual club meeting tomorrow with the above in mind, I hope future tournaments will also think about the above and let's hope we can live our lives as best we can throughout this crisis, I wish David good luck with his tourney, Vic.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Finally the dice-sharing age of ASL is coming to an end!

And of course a smile, a gentle bow of the head and Namaste before the game.

A silver lining to this dark cloud, certainly.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody looking for a roomy for the Open? I am old and smelly but I am not sick lol.

Scott

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not attending this year but for reasons other than the virus.
For those who attend, just have fun. I doubt if any ASLer is sick he would attend anyway.
I find the ASL community smarter than that, Probably why I am a member of this community.
So, have fun guys!