Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
This scenario has German infantry with armour support (four tanks) trying to occupy a village against elite and first-line French infantry with a couple of 75 ART guns. I had the attacking Germans; Magnus Rimvall had the French.

The Germans can enter from the Germans can set up west or south of the village, or both. I chose to attack exclusively from the south, figuring that the turn three reinforcements from the west edge would keep a few French units on that side. As well, I was hoping to make one of the guns be useless by being on the wrong flank. I can't show the concealed French units because Magnus doesn't have his VASL set for that.

My intention was to smoke a bit at the beginning, deploy some, and not park all of my tanks in front of a HIP guns.

Here is the situation after German turn one. My first prep fire was a smoke attempt with a Pz4 that broke the MA. I never tried to repair it.

YASL3_TURN1A.jpg

Most of the up-front French units did not get away. Post-game, Magnus decided that he did not shift his defence soon enough; he waited until French turn three to move most of the units. The next image is from after German turn five.

YASL3_TURN3A.jpg

The French line is still mostly intact. A German HS used the captured French gun to put smoke on the French hill position. The Germans have taken two victory buildings and are up the hill. This last image is after German turn five.

YASL3_TURN5A.jpg

The French line is pierced, although the Germans do not yet have free rein to run everywhere. During the fifth German turn, a tank found the second French gun HIP illegally in an paved orchard-road hex; we chose to take it off the board. Magnus ran the mortar crew into a victory buiding to guard it. His church unit, however went down to a 12+3 shot. The units in the other hill victory building also broke after a combination of point blank tank and infantry fire. The same thing happened to the French in the center four hex victory building. Magnus conceded on the sixth French turn.