Just went to get Yanks. Out of print.
How long until the reprint?
Thanks.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
MMP are not terribly good at keeping the core modules, even the most basic ones, in print.

Technically, the only one you need to be able to play is Beyond Valor; everything else is optional. Of course, Yanks is probably the most important after BV when it comes to number of scenarios using it.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just went to get Yanks. Out of print.
How long until the reprint?
Thanks.
My guess is as long as they feel they can fill 800 preorder slots for a sensible print run. Yanks2 only just went out of stock not too long ago.

Look at how long it is taking for FKaC (British)!

Plus I think the idea is not so much in "keeping games in stock". A great way to keep game in stock is to produce games that doesn't sell.

I think the idea is NOT having your capital tied up in cardboard that sits in your warehouse either. The idea is to increase the velocity of your capital and to be able to roll freed up capital into new projects as many times as possible in a year.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suppose a minimum of several years, then.
Bought 1st ed. Yanks in 1989, 2nd ed. Yanks about a year ago.
Wanted one for a friend.
Ebay - ho!!!

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

This is not me but I know lots of people buy that extra copy to help fund their future projects!!! (of buying more ASL) so ebay it is usually for those that miss out or a newbie

Don't forget Gamer's Armory, Second chance games and the like first - They may have stock since it is recent demise

Cheers

Rob :)

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
If only MMP would provide a vendor list so potential customers could contact them.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It is too bad that MMP does not print a booklet containing all the Chapter H notes. I heard that they were thinking of doing a Pocket Edition of them so maybe someday.
Excellent idea for a product!
It would be of great help to people playing only VASL, too.

von Marwitz

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is too bad that MMP does not print a booklet containing all the Chapter H notes. I heard that they were thinking of doing a Pocket Edition of them so maybe someday.
I heard that rumor too. I'd love to see all the Chapter H put together in a product

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

ineation

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I might be wrong but it seems to me that Yanks (like BV, the RB and the SKs) is regularly reprinted. Isn't it? If so, it should be available in a not so distant future.

Another positive: the second hand market for ASL is vibrant. I was able to get my hands on the core modules, for decent prices, in less than 2 years (except CdG and HL but only because I am waiting for the reprints new editions).

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The "problem" was AH printed an ungodly number of copies of yanks. It didn't need a reprint until fairly recently.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Out of Stock
My apologies, I did not click on the "read more" thinking it was just a link to description of what was in the box, would have thought "Out of Stock" would have been evident on the main image. My bad.