Yanks / Doomed Battalions / Hakkaa Paalle reprints

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given that Doomed Battalions, Armies of Oblivion, For King and Country, and Hakaa Paale have all been in print in the 21st century, while the poor Italians have soldiered bravely on since 1990 without a reprint - it is high time for Hollow Legions to see a reprint, with desert boards and the Bd 25 full board escarpment overlay. Before we see another reprint of DB, AOO, or HP.

Just my $.02.

KRL, Jon H

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given that Doomed Battalions, Armies of Oblivion, For King and Country, and Hakaa Paale have all been in print in the 21st century, while the poor Italians have soldiered bravely on since 1990 without a reprint - it is high time for Hollow Legions to see a reprint, with desert boards and the Bd 25 full board escarpment overlay. Before we see another reprint of DB, AOO, or HP.

Just my $.02.

KRL, Jon H
You're in luck--it's my understanding that its listing on MMP's preorder page is imminent. I think it is scheduled for May, though that still means it will be sometime before it will actually be printed and shipped.

I am definitely in line for mine!

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're in luck--it's my understanding that its listing on MMP's preorder page is imminent. I think it is scheduled for May, though that still means it will be sometime before it will actually be printed and shipped.

I am definitely in line for mine!
we can but hope...... until then, our Italians, who are about to die from excessive wear and tear, salute!

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
30 years since Hollow Legions was printed is two lifetimes to the average gamer.
To be fair, MMP has to schedule the printing and component manufacture months in advance, in order to maintain a fairly smooth
work flow. After all, organic brown matter does occur, usually when least expected.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In august 2000 HL was out of stock..

In October 2000, it was out of stock....

In Dec 2000, HL was out of stock....

Looks like it hit the shelves for ordering sometime early in 2001, for it was listed to order by March 2001...

Yeah, i guess that qualifies the Italians as being reprinted in the 21st century. By a few months anyway....

;)

Looking forward to the preorder, and the product.

:)

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got my 1st Edition copy (AHGC) in the late 1980s at LA Origins.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pre-ordered Map Bundle II in 2017. Still exercising patience for that item. Will exercise more patience for Hollow Legions [3d Ed] WHEN it
comes up for pre-order.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good news. My Italians are the counters in most need of 'replacement'. To look at them now, you would assume they all are disrupted conscripts by their look. New maps and better fonts for the rule sections always appreciated, so looking forward to that too.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. Chapter F has become the ragged stepchild in the ASLRB, definitely needs a wardrobe update.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Good news. My Italians are the counters in most need of 'replacement'. To look at them now, you would assume they all are disrupted conscripts by their look. New maps and better fonts for the rule sections always appreciated, so looking forward to that too.
LFT #14 had some really well-dressed Italian counters.