Yanks / Doomed Battalions / Hakkaa Paalle reprints

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Ain't it the truth! We've all earned justified chastisement. Well at least in their eyes.🙄
Honestly, I am surprised my wife keeps me around. We have been married for 29 years. Each year, when I wake up on my anniversary, I tell my wife I can't believe she's kept me around all this time. I truly don't understand it. She is still the best choice I have ever made. -- jim

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Honestly, I am surprised my wife keeps me around. We have been married for 29 years. Each year, when I wake up on my anniversary, I tell my wife I can't believe she's kept me around all this time. I truly don't understand it. She is still the best choice I have ever made. -- jim
Going on 45 years for us. She could have done better but I'm not sure I could have. Actiondebbie can be a pain in the posterior as evidenced by what little hair I have left being white but I wouldn't trade her for a different model. Great cook and a helluva Frisbee thrower.🥰

waltu

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, the coaster idea is not so bad if you use the blue Finns (sounds like tuna) for your coaster, and the purple Germans from KGP for your wife's coaster.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You know, the coaster idea is not so bad if you use the blue Finns (sounds like tuna) for your coaster, and the purple Germans from KGP for your wife's coaster.
See, being creative is easy, fun and helps involve the significant other in your hobby.

Further ideas in the thread dedicated to DIY coasters.

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And you can make a nice mosaic if you add black SS counters as well!

waltu

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Throw in a few seldom used information counters and you have a nice color palette to work with.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Warning note: Do NOT use the purple people from Kampfgruppe Peiper, fries the eyes!

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm hoping Hakkaa Paalle is reprinted I missed out on it.
My friend, you might be in luck. About three weeks ago I bought a shrink wrap copy from Michael Dean at Fine Games. It cost $144.00, which might be more than you would like to pay. But given the fact that HP is OOP, I thought it was very reasonable. That is especially true in light of the fact of the prices you are going to find on Ebay, etc. Just Google him to find the URL.

Good luck.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
My friend, you might be in luck. About three weeks ago I bought a shrink wrap copy from Michael Dean at Fine Games. It cost $144.00, which might be more than you would like to pay. But given the fact that HP is OOP, I thought it was very reasonable. That is especially true in light of the fact of the prices you are going to find on Ebay, etc. Just Google him to find the URL.

Good luck.
Are you offering him that copy or suggesting a retailer that has it in stock?🤔

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you offering him that copy or suggesting a retailer that has it in stock?🤔
Buy it from me--absolutely not. I would never promote myself in that way on this kind of forum (except for in a designated "for sale" thread). Because the item is so hard to find, I am suggesting that he contact Fine Games. I will also say, being new here, I hope I did not violate any rules. I am not here to promote any sellers, and I was very reluctant to post this information (I could have done so a few weeks ago). I was only helping people find a product that was essentially impossible to find at a reasonable price.

I might add that I consider the practice of selling OOP items for exorbitant prices to be unethical, whether legal or not.

Also, I am no fool--I missed HP the first go around, and the only way you could get this copy from me is to pry it from my cold dead hands! 😉

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Buy it from me--absolutely not. I would never promote myself in that way on this kind of forum (except for in a designated "for sale" thread). Because the item is so hard to find, I am suggesting that he contact Fine Games. I will also say, being new here, I hope I did not violate any rules. I am not here to promote any sellers, and I was very reluctant to post this information (I could have done so a few weeks ago). I was only helping people find a product that was essentially impossible to find at a reasonable price.

I might add that I consider the practice of selling OOP items for exorbitant prices to be unethical, whether legal or not.

Also, I am no fool--I missed HP the first go around, and the only way you could get this copy from me is to pry it from my cold dead hands! 😉
Lol sorry to cause any consternation on your part. I was just unsure about what you meant. I don't think you violated anything but don't know for sure as I don't buy anything. 🙄

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lol sorry to cause any consternation on your part. I was just unsure about what you meant. I don't think you violated anything but don't know for sure as I don't buy anything. 🙄
No problem. The consternation was on my part before I did the post--like I said, I discovered these copies of HP some time ago. Sometimes you have take risks to learn things, and given it was for a good cause, I did.

But I think your point was an important one as my post had some ambiguity to it. Like I said--my cold dead hands!

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up buddy!👍

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
No problem. The consternation was on my part before I did the post--like I said, I discovered these copies of HP some time ago. Sometimes you have take risks to learn things, and given it was for a good cause, I did.

But I think your point was an important one as my post had some ambiguity to it. Like I said--my cold dead hands!
Well jtsjc1 likes your input. 🤗

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Shameless plug for DB reprint. My counters, maps and rule sections could all use the latest improvements and what is left in my dwindling bank account is earmarked for MMP if they can get this done! How about some Italians while you are at it? :)