YA3DSS

CrosleyPup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yet another 3D Storage System

This one is Raaco free.

I picked up a 3D printer a few years ago and am using it to create a series of matchbox type containers and drawers.
My main design goal was to minimize empty space and to make it 3d printable.

I have containers that hold 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 1/2 inch counters and 5, 10, and 15 5/8 inch counters (these are my Hungarians).

As you can see they are essentially independent holding trays with a cover. I added little magnets (bottom right circular item on the tray) to both the tray and cover. This is strong enough to hold everything closed but easy enough to open when needed.

AFVs and ORD are stored in coin envelopes in a custom drawer and housing. The containers from above fit into half sized drawers and housings.

The Germans take up three drawers for AFVs, one drawer for ORD, and ten drawers of 1/2 counters.

Dimension wise:
The coin envelope drawers are 3 7/8" (99mm) wide, 2 1/2" (64mm) tall and 3 3/8" (81mm) deep.
The other drawers are the same, but only 1 1/4" (32mm) tall.
All these fit into a wooden box that is 11 3/4" (29.845cm) wide, 10 1/4" (26.035cm) tall, and 3 7/8" (9.84cm) deep.

More pictures and the stl files are here.
On the picture page, click the four squares icon on the top right to switch to gallery mode.

I hope that someone else might find these useful.

Bill

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Can't help but notice that the Italian Conscripts (and maybe others, who knows?) are not sorted alphabetically. Someone's not taking proper care of their counters!

(Looks awesome, but I think I'll stick to Raaco boxes for the moment)