XXX Heavy Bomber Interdiction XXX

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Allied players should ensure prior to the end of their turn that no Heavy Bomber units are on Interdiction. They may be at Rest or on Combat Support, or you may designate them for Direct Combat Support - but not on Interdiction.

In the event that a mistake is made, and the Axis notices it at any point in their turn (a high allied interdiction rate) - they should contact the Allied Player and have him open the last .sal file - assign the units to REST - and then press the End of Turn button and save the file as usual - but with the addition of ver2 in the file name (i.e. 2WiNHeinz57T01-ver2).

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Are you sure HB should be allowed to fly CS missions? The only time they were used was in direct attack missions, but never for combat support.

Before Operation Cobra started (where the Heavy Bombers bombed german positions prior to the Normandy breakout) allied forced had to increase their distancee from the german lines for safety purposes, and even than they suffered about 1000 casualties from frindly bombs dropped on US positions.

Thinking about calling in a B-17 to clear that enemy held building 100m ahead seems a bit unlikely :nofear:

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Yeah in the army they always told us: if the enemy is suddenly withdrawing, follow him or be nuked! :laugh:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dicke Bertha said:
Yeah in the army they always told us: if the enemy is suddenly withdrawing, follow him or be nuked! :laugh:
That is very funny, yet very disturbing...

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
"Not as disturbing as the instructions to us in case of nuking... :shock:"
Pray?

Pergite

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Dicke Bertha said:
Not as disturbing as the instructions to us in case of nuking... :shock:
For example "Nuke, Right!"? :laugh:

I am presently stumbling over the "Nordic Light" scenario... but as poorly as I play, I dont think that there will ever be any need for any nukes to defeat me.

Last edited:

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
:D
If relatively far from the blast zone, but in the fallout zone, one should lie down on the ground and pull the raincoat on top of one self. It seems it was a magic cloak, radiakproof... ;) Closer to the blast zone, but not in the centre, one should always pull down the windows of the vehicles, so as to avoid the flying glass. If in the blast zone, there would be no warning anyway...

Nukes are problematic: I remember form Nordic LIght that the threat of them forces you to keep your troops dispersed, hits would be bad (and really bad if you're overstacked), but the worst effects would be secondary: fall-out affecting supply and readyness, and really bad movement penalties through radiak zones. In ACOW I think there is a Nuke problem/bug concerning disproportionate effects on some scenario scales (hex scale). I think, I am not sure.