xp help

philadams

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I recently upgraded to a new dell with windows xp and cannot get my toaw elite edition to load even after changing the combatability to any of the choices available and disabling the visual themes. Has anybody got any ideas or experience with this?
Also if there is no solution to this problem will a century of warfare run on xp if I am able to purchase a copy it. As you can tell I really miss this game and any help would be appreciated.
Phil Adams

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got ACOW to run on my HP with XP just fine. Took it down to the wife's store and loaded it on her Dell Laptop with XP just fine also.

philadams

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
throwing in the towel

Thanks Ranger - After going back through many previous threads here and at rugged defense I have decided I was being pound foolish. So I just got back from take 2's page where I ordered ACOW. So I'm soon to be back amongst the hexes.
Thanks again, Phil Adams

Last edited:

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Bdr.Mallette said:
re-install windows 98SE.
Well, yes, that would indeed solve many problems with some games, but will also create new ones with newer games (at least that's so for me)

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got the game (ACOW) and I had to set the color quality back to 16 bit from 32 to get the game to run.