Xbox 360 sales are good, but PS2 is still doing better

ehandlr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The NPD Group has released its game sales data for November - PS2 still outselling Xbox 360 and DS still leading.

First to the new consoles on the market. In the US the Wii sold 476,000 units, while the PS3 managed less than half that figure with only 197,000 units. The Xbox 360, now over a year old, outsold its rivals with 511,000 units shifted, bringing total US sales to 3.8 million.

Leading the sales for November was the Nintendo DS, with an impressive 918,000 units sold, taking a considerable lead over its nearest rivals the PS2 and GBA - 664,000 and 641,000 respectively. The DS now has a US install base of 8.1 million. Sony's PSP managed less than half the DS total, with 412,000 units sold in November.

Gears of War is proving to be just what Microsoft wanted, with November sales of one million units, grossing $61.5 million. The PS2's Final Fantasy XII comes a close second with sales of 896,000 units. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess moved 412,000 units, and managed to sell to more than four out of five Wii buyers in November.

Other titles to feature in the top ten include Guitar Hero II, WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2007, Call of Duty 3 on 360, Madden NFL 2007 on PS2, Need for Speed: Carbon on PS2, Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends and Pokemon Ranger for the DS. No PS3 titles made the top ten, but considering the scarcity of units, it's not surprising.

On the whole the video game industry saw sales of $1.7 billion, a 34% increase over November 2005.

Xbox 360 sales are good, but PS2 is still doing better - Pro-G

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Interesting, all the teachers at my school are buying their children PS2's, they say it's because its Cheap, Can also be used as a DVD player and perfect for their 5-10 year old child.

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm not really surprised, as Bradas said PS2 is cheap and plays DVD's so its a big seller. The DS is selling because younger children want Nintendogs and its easier for younger children to understand what it does than the PSP

.pars

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The psp isnt very child friendly anyway. I still love my ps2, but wont go as far as a certain somebody with his psp:p