Xbox 360 and Original Xbox Controller Joystick Swap

tie wrap

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Have you ever wondered if you can use your original xbox controller with your 360? Or have you ever wish that you would be able to use the joystick from your xbox controller to your 360 controller? Well, guess what folks have found an article that contains a guide on how to change the two controller’s joysticks so you can use your original joysticks. This is cool but haven’t tried it yet, I’m not a too technie guy. Anyone have tried this technique? Maybe you can share your experience with us.

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dernhelm said:
Joey will probably try it. He loves modding his 360 :up:
Lol...why would you want to put an old thing on a new thing? anyway sounds good :D

Joey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Old controller swap is stupid, and a waste of time.
I am going to switch to the old joysticks though because they are black and will match my controllers paintjob much better and because the old ones feel nicer.

Necrid

Reaction score
wy not put a sega mega drive controler on the 360 wile your ad it, >_>, come to think of it, i would rather play on a 360 with a old retro sega controler then thet of a X box :p
the 360 controller is perfict in evry way, i have a wirless 1, and i wouln'd want to have it any ather way :)

k2bf

Reaction score
Wait a sec., aren't the middle connections on both the XBX1 and 360 controllers the same plug? I haven't tried swapping the actual controllers yet, due to my lack of a 360.

kaytronika

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
k2bf said:
Wait a sec., aren't the middle connections on both the XBX1 and 360 controllers the same plug? I haven't tried swapping the actual controllers yet, due to my lack of a 360.
The connection for the trip cable thing?

No, they're slightly different. I thought similar at first but I had a look out of curiosity to see.
Plus if you have wireless you don't even have the middle connection :)