WWII History Magazine

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
Does anyone here subscribe to WWII History Magazine? I found an article on their website when looking for some info about a battle in 1940 and the article was a good read. Is the magazine generally good?

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone here subscribe to WWII History Magazine? I found an article on their website when looking for some info about a battle in 1940 and the article was a good read. Is the magazine generally good?
I have had a subscription since Issue #1. Good selection and variety of articles, well written. Always provides a starting point to look up additional info from other sources, Normally find out at least one item I did not know about before so well worth the price IMO.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
After the Battle is to my mind more interesting given the "then and now" photo series, and you can find it at Chapters with the rest of the history-themed magazines. I have a couple of issues of WWII History - it's no great shakes, but probably depends on the skill of individual authors and how much interest you have in the topics covered. It is probably leagues better than the old Armchair General, which kind of recycled Patton and Rommel articles and had one or the other on just about every cover.

Military History Quarterly is also good, but obviously broader than just the Second World War - though it is more of a scholarly style than WW II History.

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
I've been trying to find newstand copies to check them out but it appears that only Chapters carry them so I have to wait until I head there to find some

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They stole her birthday cake back in ‘45, then they make her cry again, 77 years later.

Last edited:

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I wouldn't read anything the history magazines publish.

Same tired rehash ...

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Yeah it’s usually a rehash and your money is better spent on a good book instead.

MHQ is an exception. Quality over volume and the novelty takes are well presented if they exist. Not just like the usual turns hat around backwards, crosses arms “Did you know that Rommel wasn’t actually that good? Fact number 1: …”

Most of the magazines are like clickbait you pay for or like what’s his face said, a rehash of something else.