WW2 version

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Years ago I heard something about WW2 being done using tacOps...was this ever completed..if so where any scenarios made etc etc?

Thanks

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Wodin! You are a fan of this one also?
Yes, most of the latter patches included WW2 weapons and systems. I think nearly every system in common usage by either side is in the database now through the last few patches. I am not sure if there is planned any more, I think I have heard rumors that there will be a Tacops 5, but xxxx4 is very good also now.

Edit: As for scenarios, not sure. Many have made some, but the one bad part of Tacops has been that it has not been possible really to program the AI to act. Therefore, it is easy, and a lot of fun, to design or play vs human, the scenarios mostly have only been made from that viewpoint. This is one thing I heard rumors of a "TACOPS 5" perhaps changing, but have to wait and see there.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Years ago I heard something about WW2 being done using tacOps...was this ever completed..if so where any scenarios made etc etc?

Thanks
The scenarios made basically consisted of using existing scenarios and using unit exchanges. That's the only way to preserve the ability to play against the programmed opponent.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Shame about the AI then.

@navman74...anything tactical is my No 1 wargaming love!