Reaction score
Country
ll
Pz IV inside

Auschwitz: New arrivals are separated into two groups; men, and women/children

The Poles about to hang the first Kommandant of Auschwitz Rudolf Hoess in 1947

BT-7's summer 1941

KV-1, summer 1942
Im well impressed. That mark 4 shot is fantastic. I will use it when I build one of my kits...thanks

p3love

ASL Acolyte
Reaction score
Country
ll
I've been posting hundreds of pics around the net for many years and nobody's ever complained before..;)
Incidentally it seems the Gamesquad big boss (whoever he is) has set the forum software to display pics at a maximum of 800 pixels wide, but i'd recommend a setting of 1200 wide like most other forums.
Nowadays most people use 22" or 28" monitors, which means a tiny 800 pic sits in the middle of their screen surrounded by lots of wasted empty space, whereas a 1200 pic would almost fill the screen and blow their socks off.
I also see GS has the post title bars and avatar in the lefthand margin of the screen taking up valuable display space. none of my bizness but title bars are better if the big boss positioned them across the top of each post, for example here's how mine used to look when i was a member of another club-

I guess some folks will never be happy. You go out of your way to embellish a site in what should be a great source of interest but you still get some downright ungrateful people. You handle a lot better than me but my message to them is that if you dont like them dont look at them.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Last edited:

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
This is an incredible thread. A lot of well known shots of the 'WW2 circuit' but also some I have never seen before. Many thanks for contributing

Toad

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In post 427 the picture entitled "Zero in a Swamp" looks to me like one of those Japanese suicide planes called a Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka (Cherry Blossom).
No, I don't think so. You can see one of the two cockpit-mounted machineguns there just in front of the windscreen. The Ohka didn't have any armament. I'm curious that the cockpit is so firmly closed though; makes you wonder if the pilot was still inside.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Incidentally guys, I see a few of my Imageshack pics have vanished, i switched to Photobucket a while back but I can't find an 'edit post' button in this forum that'll let me go back and convert the missing pics to Pbucket

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Incidentally guys, I see a few of my Imageshack pics have vanished, i switched to Photobucket a while back but I can't find an 'edit post' button in this forum that'll let me go back and convert the missing pics to Pbucket
I'm pretty sure that the window for editing a post if fairly small. Like an hour or 2.

Predator23

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well here we have an ignorant pommy espousing the usual rubbish that comes from the old country. What you obviously are very carefully missing from your rant is that your country was run by a psychotic murderer, with an IQ of 67. In you opinion it is perfectly OK to MURDER 250,000 innocent civilians in just two bombing runs, or allowed 100,000 POW's to starve to death post surrender. Also I imagine Montgomery is your great hero as well, an Officer that lost 350+ Tanks in the first days of Overlord, and repeatedly had his arse kicked by young boys fighting for their country. You also had a group of allies who condoned the rape and murder of German women and children, so long as you live in your dreamy little life the lies and propaganda about WW 2 will continue to flourish. As for your dumb arse comments about the person who posted the information about Jochiem Peiper it shows just how stupid and ignorant you really are. Moderators I apologise for this rant, please leave it up long enough for the pommy to read it.
One last thing, during the trial of Jochiem Peiper, a Jewish Rabbi made the trip to wherever it was to testify in his defence as did quite a few American soldiers.
Why would a Jewish rabbis testify, because Peiper and his men helped a group of Italian Jews to escape to the Allies lines after they were caught by the Italian equivalent of the Gestapo, my fathers friend told us about this after the war, as he was one of the Jews. So matey pull your head in and read some history.

So I just browsed some of this thread and was very impressed by the images.

But.

You cannot allow an apologist to attempt to get sympathy for the Nazi pin-up boy Pieper on your board. Oh he was heinously done in wasn't he. Boo-hoo for the poor innocent upstanding citizen. It was MURDER.

FFS, get a grip mods. No amount of interesting pictures can excuse such blatant far right whacko hero worship. You should be ashamed.