Written on lined paper, or via a laptop?

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Recently I scored a used laptop from a friend. As it runs 7 I am not worried about it being adequate for the task :)

And also recently I have been finding it just too much a pain to show up to a friends locale (not my own place) and run the game with unexpected lack of table space and secondary storage options.

It's all well and good to have the books for planning, but all that bulk is not easy to accommodate at the game table.

My hoped for plan is to move my game on to my laptop, and have all my 'stuff' handy at the click of a mouse. All my game notes, custom charts, creature stats, maps you name it. Effectively it will be just me, and the laptop, and a spot to the side to roll my dice (yes I prefer my dice to a dice roller). And in the process freeing up my need to wonder 'where do I lay all my many opened up books'.
I have scans of all of them so I can easily dump them on the computer as well. Plus I can edit out the superfluous pages.

Just wondering if anyone else does this, and if you can discuss your successes and pitfalls.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've found that a laptop at the game table is more of a problem than a help. I just use the books and plop them on the floor when done looking something up.