WP CH and CE DRM

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In A24.31 it states that TEM and CE DRM count in favor of units making a WP MC. But just a few sentences later it says for a WP CH "TEM are applied to the NMC as positive DRM instead".

I had a WP CH on a squad (with a nasty PSK) using a CE HT as cover. Random selection picked both units, but since the CE DRM is not specifically mentioned does that mean the CE DRM is not reversed?

Would the HT not even be eligible for random selection then?

By the way, the HT cover of +1 is specifically called a "TEM" in D9.3 for those with keen curiosity.

The squad failed the MC and the HT passed anyway. Then another squad in smoke fired a PF at my hull down Sherman and burned it.

Paul

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A24.31 "Leadership, CE DRM and TEM apply as negative DRM to the NMC (treating grenades as if a Direct Fire attack for TEM purposes). However, if a CH (or Air Burst when using Indirect Fire) is obtained with WP, TEM are applied to the NMC as a positive DRM instead."

It's clear that CE DRM and Leadership are always negative, while TEM is positive on a CH.

I don't see any reason the halftrack would be excluded from any Random Selection unless it was not otherwise subject to the CH.

JR

Last edited: