Wounded Leader placing a DC

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Evening,

Can't put my finger on the rule for this .. an 8-0 leader with a DC bypasses a wooden building for 1MF then into an OG hex ADJACENT to a wooden building for 2MF. German 468 fires resulting in a K/2. Leader wounds and then passes the wound severity dr. Can the now wounded leader place the DC into the ADJACENT wooden building?

Thank you in advance.
Pierce

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wounded leader has no portage capacity and no ability to Double Time, so I don't see how you could muster the necessary 4MF needed to place a DC in a building after already expending 2MF.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, and this is in Perry Sez.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The cost to place a DC in a wooden building would be two MF, which together with the two MF already spent would exceed the MF allotment of the wounded leader. Further because the leader is wounded it would have a zero portage point capacity of a wounded SMC, which would reduce its MF allotment from three to two. In this situation after being wounded with two MF already spent the leader has no more MF to spend.

JR

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, it may throw the DC in the AFPh.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Can it be thrown in Advancing Fire, assuming her survives unpinned that long?
You were supposed to move this from the PerrySez sub-forum. After you can ask follow-on questions.

If the leader had already spent three MF, because of the loss of MF due to excess portage it would have pinned in addition to wounding, and that would have prevented it from throwing the DC.

JR

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Like JR said, this is the Perry Sez forum and there is no Perry Sez in this thread.

Moving it to where it should be....

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know I read most of that somewhere.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't thinkthe leader would be pinned. When he spent the movement, he had movement points remaining and portage capacity. He loses that portage capacity on the wounding but I do nt think this is retrospecive. He can certainly no longer move but would not be pinned as having spent more MF than he has as he woulkd be if he had sopent 4 MF before wounding.
Otherwise, if a squad moved 4 MF into a hex and then recovered an MMG they woulkd be pnned.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I don't think anyone said that the leader (with a DC) would be pinned after spending two MF and the becoming wounded.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
You were supposed to move this from the PerrySez sub-forum. After you can ask follow-on questions.

If the leader had already spent three MF, because of the loss of MF due to excess portage it would have pinned in addition to wounding, and that would have prevented it from throwing the DC.
I think he would only become Pinned if he had expended > 3 MF.

A17.2:
"...A SMC who becomes wounded (e.g., by Defensive First Fire) after already expending > 3 MF is pinned...."

It doesn't seem to matter if he portages anything.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't thinkthe leader would be pinned. When he spent the movement, he had movement points remaining and portage capacity. He loses that portage capacity on the wounding but I do nt think this is retrospecive. He can certainly no longer move but would not be pinned as having spent more MF than he has as he woulkd be if he had sopent 4 MF before wounding.
Otherwise, if a squad moved 4 MF into a hex and then recovered an MMG they woulkd be pnned.
Nobody said anything about him being pinned????

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I think he would only become Pinned if he had expended > 3 MF.

A17.2:
"...A SMC who becomes wounded (e.g., by Defensive First Fire) after already expending > 3 MF is pinned...."

It doesn't seem to matter if he portages anything.
An example of reading a rule as it should have been written. Mea culpa.

JR

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My mistake, I didn't see the reference to him possibly being pinned.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The story of that leader wanting to place a DC becoming wounded, which screwed up everything reminds me of the worst mess I have probably managed to end up with a leader:

In one game - PTO, weather got worse to Heavy Rain, a lone leader and sole survivor of a once proud and nasty killing-party ended up wounded within a stream carrying 2 (two!) Flamethrowers with Bamboo on one side of the stream, Dense Jungle at the other and a Japanese Pillbox with a quite unforgiving crewed Japanese HMG firing down the length of it.

FUBAR...

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In one game - PTO, weather got worse to Heavy Rain, a lone leader and sole survivor of a once proud and nasty killing-party ended up wounded within a stream carrying 2 (two!) Flamethrowers with Bamboo on one side of the stream, Dense Jungle at the other and a Japanese Pillbox with a quite unforgiving crewed Japanese HMG firing down the length of it.
Heavy Rain, Pillboxes, Stream... let me guess, Suicide Creek?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Nah. It was a scenario of some sort, but can't remember its name. Possibly Buckeye Blitzkrieg, but not sure.

von Marwitz

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
FTs are just too dangerous.
Playing OT and Steve brings on the engineers with an FT. Leaves him on a road, advancing forwards rather than sideways into cover. Are you sure about that? Yes. Your call. Of course an MMG opens up and eliminates him...
That attempt had several rules cock ups so we restart.
This time he brings him on in a wooden building...Are you sure you want to come on there, his 9-2 can see him. Yes. HS dies. So his new squad picks up the FT after the 9-2 had retreated a bit and moves forwards. You sure you want to go that way? Yes....9-2 can see there, okay its +2 tem +1 hindrance. FT guy dies....

Sometimes playing as part of a team is so frustrating!