Would you pay for official winterized maps from MMP ?

Would you pay for official winterized maps from MMP ?

• yes

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • no

Votes: 58 73.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newege

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Too little benefit for the cost. I think I play one or two winter scenarios on GEO boards a year (probably less). I agree with other sentiments about the difficulty with discerning the terrain on winter maps.
Even the brand new Hatten map is less attractive and difficult to read with the reduced contrast of the winter color scheme.
Resources are better spent on NEW content rather than recycling old content.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I didn't vote in the poll because neither option really represents my position on the matter.

If the question were, "do I want official winterised maps from MMP?", then the answer is "Hell no. Jesus, no. In the name of God and all that's holy, no!". For all of the reasons already stated in this thread: too expensive, too useless, completely unnecessary. And wouldn't there be some then demanding winterised overlays to match? Hey, don't forget the DASL boards! Ground snow turns up in some RB scenarios, yeah? So we'll need that too .... It goes on and on.

However if MMP were to ignore my opinion (hard to believe, I know) and went ahead and made them anyway, would I then buy them? Probably, yes .... :(

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I would like regular, winter, jungle, and dense jungle of board sets for an option. Print both sides like the Fort boards are done, but have regular/winter sides on one board and PTO jungle/dense jungle sides on another....

I know it will cost a lot, but it's worth it to me....

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
It seems we've finally found out where the line is.
Bruce might be more self-aware than some, however.

I barely play with physical components, so this is incredibly silly for me. I'm passing on LFT14 in no small part because I don't want to pay for more counters I'll never use.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'd like winterized Jungle boards with all roads being in effect (bridges still turning to fords, though) and Streams turning to (dry) Gullies.

von Marwitz

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Now I can just see CH doing Mud boards, and then Mud boards Deluxe and 2 inch style to go with the Green and Winter boards, all for $3,995 but wait if you act now in less then 25 minutes you'll get some Bonus scenarios that were cooked up real quick like, with color no less, and we will throw in some black 3 inch SS counters, wow!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You can create very realistic Mud boards quickly and easily all along with hyper-realistic annoyance of having to operate in Mud.

Just spill a can of root beer across the playing area...

von Marwitz

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's all about the Benjamin's.

I know most spend/ have spent a lot on ASL but this would truly just be a collector's 'gotta have everything' endeavor. Sorry.
possibly, I still believe a lot of people would want those and pony up the cash for them

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Does this trick also work on unattractive women?

von Marwitz
That's likely the only thing that really works, they tend to object about the paper bag over either or both partner's head(s).

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not a lot. 25¢ per? Perhaps. $1 per? Probably not. Plus you'd have to carry them with your kit on field maneuvers. That or you would only use them at home.

Now if you put a knob on the boards so I could turn the "winter" up, then you might have something.

JR
If your playing me, the knob is sitting across the board

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a chance. It's tough enough to get all of the existing boards.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Somewhat related, I wonder if there is a way for MMP to give permission for "scenario overlay" overlays so that scenario designers could distribute a printable (or print included) version of their "everything is this except for here when it's not" kind of layouts (seems most common in PTO and usually involving roads/paths). They are pretty uncommon and usually not reused so a sheet we could drop onto our board would be handy.

But I'd probably pass on dropping $240 per "-ization" pack.

I'd probably buy a set of larger hex versions of maps though. That's a luxury that would pay itself back over every scenario playing.