Would you consider "The Longest Day" a classic film?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Those were some nice close up hockey punch shots!

Thanks man, I still hate the Canadian's when it comes to hockey, but love you guys lots...lol

freaking Canucks...(da team, da team...lol)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Momotaro's Divine Sea Warriors, a very different war film (Japan's first animated feature film, created and released during the war). No subtitles, but it's fairly apparent what is going on. You may be forgiven for skipping ahead to the battle scenes (around 1:03) and especially the surrender scene. The allies don't come out so well at the end.

JR

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kinda like America pretending to be free. :hush:
[Read to the sound of "America The Beautiful" playing in the background...]
America has never been free...everything has a price...including freedom. America has paid the price in blood for our freedom and Canada's. :salute: :flag:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
[Read to the sound of "America The Beautiful" playing in the background...]
America has never been free...everything has a price...including freedom. America has paid the price in blood for our freedom and Canada's. :salute: :flag:

As has Canada for America's. We were in both world wars long before America, we were in Korea, first Gulf War, Somalia, former Yugoslavia, and Afghanistan.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I was reading about the Battle of Britain, and I came across the story of a German pilot who was shot down then escaped (several times, only one of them successfully). The story is titled, "The One That Got Away." I haven't seen it (nor read the book), but if I get an opportunity, I won't let it get away.

JR