Would you buy from WBW?

Would you buy ASL (Comp, well sort of) Products from WBW on eBay?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No!

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • If the price was right (wink, wink)

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • If they wuz free

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • No freaking way ifn they wuz free

Votes: 25 28.4%

• Total voters

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I seem to be a whore and will buy from anyone.....but this is where I draw the line....not even if free

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I'm curious about his stuff. I'd like to see one of his products in the flesh so to speak. But they are way too expensive. If the price was right was my answer.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If they started to look like ASL products rather than some differently mutated SL items, looked like they were playtested and were reasonably priced, then and only then might I consider them. Until then my answer is a very quiet "no thanks". Not something I feel too worked up about.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, not even if he was giving his products away.
A lot of people say that in public, but I bet if it were an anonymous poll, more people than you think would admit to buying his stuff.

And while some of his stuff has had playtesting problems, his really early stuff rocks and I think he's really made efforts to improve. I look forward to seeing what he does next. And you can bet I'm going to rake this muck over and over and over again, no matter how tired it gets because it certainly doesn't get tired for me.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Um ok, what ever dude.

Scott

A lot of people say that in public, but I bet if it were an anonymous poll, more people than you think would admit to buying his stuff.

And while some of his stuff has had playtesting problems, his really early stuff rocks and I think he's really made efforts to improve. I look forward to seeing what he does next. And you can bet I'm going to rake this muck over and over and over again, no matter how tired it gets because it certainly doesn't get tired for me.

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

wow. And I thought I was open-minded. :)

The only product I thought of getting was the one with all the planes. I passed for two reasons, price (I would have had to pay much more than I thought it was worth to me), and second. The planes were pointed upside-down. A small detail, but if you are going to waste money, at least waste it on something that looks good.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted Hell No! because I actually did buy one of his products,the Simple Solitaire rules pack for $17. It does have some unusual ideas and 2 decks of cards (Unit Action and Random Events) that one could find useful for perhaps adding to SASL or making their own SASL-variant but seems to me those ideas have not been playtested,and think it would just be simpler to adapt SASL to your own version of solo ASL. In addition the product looks like a throwback to the days of old SL in terms of appearance of the publication. Last I found one item on one of the Action cards that was showing an odd Fire command which seems to point to lack of playtesting;was so odd I even took a pic of it to display as strong evidence of that and the oft-heard comment that WBW has not bothered to familiarize himself with the ASLRB before making ASL variants! The Fire command for the Unit is listed as FIRE: "Weapons Malfunction:Fire at 2/3 Firepower." HUH????

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hell no!
Wild Bill has made some significant contributions to wargaming (esp pc) in the past, but these are not one.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Never say never. If they improved then I may well look at them at a later date. I know someone who did buy some of there gear just for general intrest and whilst expensive they were not upset about the product though they were not of the quality to money trade off. Intresting though they did not want others to know they bought the items!!!

I have far to much stuff to play as it is.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'd buy them if the price was right. Some interesting ideas but the cost is in the realm of fantasy. I am well aware of what I'd be getting but if feeling flush I might drop £20 on a pack.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I'd buy them if the price was right. Some interesting ideas but the cost is in the realm of fantasy. I am well aware of what I'd be getting but if feeling flush I might drop £20 on a pack.
mmm vinnie 3 map bundles and you are now contemplating WBW products you put me to shame!!! lmao
p.s. will be up in Aberdeen on Friday ok?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd take them if free, if only to see if there was something salvageable for proper ASL (since WBW seems to be stuck in SL-land).

dreenstra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think he's putting it to some gullible people right up the a$$, so I wouldn't buy it even if WBW turned it around and it was the highest quality, best playtested, most fun stuff out there. And he gave them away, with a $10 bill thrown in. Just on general principle.

Dave

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I wouldn't buy it even if WBW turned it around and it was the highest quality, best playtested, most fun stuff out there.QUOTE]

Indeed. He's another parasite.
Why? the guy does not make folk buy and I think people know what they might be getting. Given that it takes at least two to push up the price then they are to blaim not the seller.

Cheers
Ian

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'd take them if free, if only to see if there was something salvageable for proper ASL (since WBW seems to be stuck in SL-land).
Ed Zachry! :clap: But I do like Dave's idea of him throwing in a $10 bill. ;)