WOTR Game Workshop

tecatefil

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my Buddy is down from Chicago this weekend, today is WotR tomorrow ASLSK#1. My Dwarf Army is kicking butt so I thought I would start a thread with the pic's. Not really an AAR because were only about 1/2 way though.(note were still learning the game so we make lots of mistakes)

View attachment 34733

Dwarfs are running 5180 points with the host on EBOR, and a left and right flank’s containing 2 formations of ballista's and Drar's battle host waiting in the wings as reinforcements.
Harad is running 5380 with the Mumak herd battle host and the Mahud battle host. they have the host of Karna coming in as reinforcements. each side had 4 fates.
The field of swords victory conditions

View attachment 34734

Turn one before movement, Dwarfs win Priority dwarfs set up and move first

View attachment 34735

Dwarfs are trying to go with an arrow point maneuver straight at the evil forces to split them in two. I was forced in to this move because my right flank headed by Gimli missed it's roll for at the double, so the flanks were staying behind.
From what I could gather my Harad foe was throwing his mumakill head first at the dwarfs, with the plan to mop up what few dwarfs were left.

View attachment 34736

End of the first Turn, the dwarf ballista’s on the right used there fate "master craftsman" and had 22 dice to roll wounds on the middle mumakill. The mumakill did not make it. (pat on the dwarf's back's)

View attachment 34737

well lots of action at turn 2, photo is at the end of the turn. Mumakil push forward, and the host of karna was activated as reinforcements. we used the maelstroms rules (right or wrong) and ended up placing Karna next to the ballista’s and behind the dwarf's flanks.
Quickly the dwarfs about faced to the rear to tackle the host of Karna, and the kings champion rushed forward into the face of a mumakill cutting of its advance to King Dain and his Kazad Guard's.
By the turns end the kings champion and ballista’s made quick work of another mumakill, and the flakning vault guards killed enough of the host of karna, to beadle to refocus back to the front of the battle lines.
Well if you noticed the Mas' glass's on the table you will understand why my opponent has opted to finish this game tomorrow AM!?!?!??!
some people just can’t handle a few liters, people that is not dwarfs!!!! :)
More later

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks. Any chance of slightly larger photos? My son is painting some war hammer stuff (wood elves) so is interested in seeing this.

tecatefil

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Right flank from the dwarf side, the red poker chips represent disordered troops, the yellow represents rough terrain, slowing movement in 1/2

Left flank, both flanks have failed at the double not much happening, the blue is a low water terrain, slowing movement in 1/2

center from the dwarfs side, Host of Karna remnants that are taking out the dwarfs ballista’s Dwarfs NO happy :(, the mumakill will be bearing down on movement phase lets hope its not to bad.

PS: I’m practicing adding photos to the thread so more will come and hopefully be better.
Were just starting the movement phase of turn 3 (8turn game) since the Harad could not handle the Bavarian still of drinking to day we will try the Scottish, style pints of “old engine oil” from Hillfoots village, Alva.
PPS: I’m getting yelled at to mention that one module of a “Hasahrin” on the dwarf’s right flank did sacrifice him self to take out a whole company of dwarf vault guards, Dwarfs did not notice because he is dead and still have 2 companies left. DWARFS RULE !!!!!