World of Warcraft

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lol I used to. May go back to it. Not probable.

I play CSS the most and it seems CSS has been trying to beat WoW for a while. It's always number 2 and WoW is number 1 with the most people playing XD

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yes i do. i've become addicted to the Battlegrounds lately, having loads of fun doing that.

i have 2 lvl 60's, a 53, a 49, a 30, and a couple lower lvl toons i dont mess with much. i'm looking forward to the burning crusade in january.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i'm guessing you were a mage, and it's unfortunate you lost interest, cause those damn mages are so freakin' strong!! they just laugh at you as they blink away from you and melt your face, ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got to level 16 with my warlock, then I lost some interest. To me it isn't worth the $15 a month. Maybe $5.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it is worth 15 bucks a month if it's something you enjoy and are having fun.

i'm hoping that more MMO's have free trials so that you dont waste fifty bucks buying a game, only to find out that you dont want to spend fifteen bucks a month playing.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just started playing a little bit again... Have a new mage built up to level 28 now, with a few secondary characters all around level 10. Playing with a roomie on our LAN, and occassionally with 3 of us at the same time (in the same room!) has made this experience considerably more enjoyable for me than it ever was when I was playing 'by myself'.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in a "friends & family" guild, so, yeah I play and socialize. Will be with WoW until we decide to move onto something else, and that shows no signs of happening.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Any interest in becoming part of a growing guild? GameSquad is our official home, and you can find out a little more information about us in the other threads in this forum. If the F&F atmosphere is what works for you, I think you'd like what we have growing.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's possible I'll drop by just because, but I'm spread way too thin as it is. My WoW time is a little limited by things like my ASL addiction (ha! there's turnabout!) so my Alliance-side main is lagging behind almost everyone else, and I've got an alt that'll probably become the main if she can find the time to catch up on a few things. I haven't even touched my Horde-side main in ages (yes, we have an Alliance guild and a Horde guild). ...and three more alts on the server.

There's a couple friend-related guilds on other servers that I'm technically in, but I haven't visited them in ages....

I have not been updating the news properly as of late, but you can get an idea of our adventures at:
Rindis

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, it all sounds good - try to drop in and say hello if you're able. Doesn't matter how much (or little) you're able to be around, we're glad to have you pop in!

Silverlegion

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just registered to your sight. You may know me but i play this game alot and have friends that play in other realms to. Blooddust is a friend that got me into this guild but i was former alliance in this realm. I play quite a bit. :cool:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Great to see you here! I did a few alliance characters as well, but I've pretty much switched over to horde at this point. Do you have any other friends or in game contacts that would be interested in joining us?

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I must be insane, but I am actually trying to get my son to play WoW.

Ok here's the reason odd as it might sound.

A. He is currently playing a freebie game called Conquer. Same darned thing essentially, only free, and it's hacked all to hell.

B. He can level up his character while he is sleeping !! That, and as I mentioned, too many hacks.

I personally am not impressed with the whole lesson he is learning from the game. Nothing worth having is free or easy.

So I had a buddy set him up the 10 free trial. He seems to like the game more, but the decision will come when he decides if he wants to invest his own cash to play it.
WoW isn't the hackable nightmare his other game is, and if you want to gain a level, you have to earn that level through effort.

He sits in front of the computer anyways, he might as well at least be playing a real game :)

Personally, I'd rather he wasn't playing either, but, smart parents know saying NO too often to a teen rarely gets you far.

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
I must be insane, but I am actually trying to get my son to play WoW.

He sits in front of the computer anyways, he might as well at least be playing a real game :)

Personally, I'd rather he wasn't playing either, but, smart parents know saying NO too often to a teen rarely gets you far.
@Aries:

So your not tempting him with 'rewards' for beating his ol' man in a 'historical' game? No painting of 'historical minis', no 'extra time' allowed for learning his history lessons?

Appalling!

:clown: :eek: :eek: :surprise: :clown:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
WoW isn't the hackable nightmare his other game is, and if you want to gain a level, you have to earn that level through effort.

Aries - you should suggest that he give playing with us a try. We're a perfect guild for players that don't 'pwn WoW'... :D We could help him get off to a good start, surrounded by a band of people that you can count on to be the types you'd prefer him to be playing with (as opposed to the 'other types' and the unknowns...)

Horde character, on Lightning's Blade server.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
@Aries:

So your not tempting him with 'rewards' for beating his ol' man in a 'historical' game? No painting of 'historical minis', no 'extra time' allowed for learning his history lessons?

Appalling!

:clown: :eek: :eek: :surprise: :clown:
That's a mixed bag - almost playing with fire!

I'd *love* to get my kids interested in playing with TOAW. Extra late bedtime for learning about defending in depth, double allowance for executing an elastic defence, a trip for ice cream for performing a flawless encirclement... And grounded for three months for taking Berlin from me... :laugh: