World of Warcraft Beta Test, Anyone?

Polka Sheep

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know this is more a wargaming forum, but this IS the open discussion forum, so I decided to post it.

Has anyone else signed up for the World of Warcraft Beta from www.blizzard.com ? I have, and I think some from here should, too, to find maybe some new games they like.

World of Warcraft is Blizzard's next "big" game. It is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) set in the universe of Warcraft, one of Blizzard's universes that has spawned several top selling games (most recently the RTS Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and its expansion, The Frozen Throne). I have never played an MMORPG or any MMOG before (I mean paid for - I beta tested Battletech 3025), I never really was cool with the monthly payment idea, but this game may change me. No game that Blizzard has ever released has been without being ready, and Blizzard has never really made a game that wasn't extremely popular and fun.

Currently, if you are in anywhere other than the U.S., Canada, or Korea, you can sign up. I know that a good amount of posters on this forum are European, and they've talked about adding Europe into the Beta later, so you all aren't totally singled out.

But anyway, I think some of you guys should sign up, it looks pretty fun. Better hurry if you want to, though, the signups end at 9:00 PM EST tonight.