World Cup 2010 : who's gonna win the thing ??

who will win the cup?

• Total voters

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I have no idea. Far as I can tell, they're playing in a beehive! And I'm pretty ignorant, so I actually need the announcers, so I can't mute it. The pain... :)

S

Panzer Dude

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I was going to try hooking up a graphic equalizer between my tv and the amplifier to suppress some of those annoying buzzing frequencies. Or, I could just drink more beer! :toast:

Hopp Schwyz!

n3ddy

Reaction score
Country
llSouth Africa
I'm just impressed that anyone thought to put SA on that list! If we weren't hosts, we wouldn't even have qualified! Of course after being such gracious hosts to Diego Forlan last night ("Please Mr. Forlan, have some more space in front of goal! Another helping of ball, served up by our ever-helpful midfield and defence?") I have a sneaking suspicion that we MAY not win this... Unless France feel REALLY REALLY guilty for all that Colonial nastiness and gift us a shed-load of goals... As for the vuvuzela? They're on their way back to Europe, the Americas and Asia in the baggage of the fans! 40 000 sold in the UK, and the manufacturer says they have had orders from the US and Australia. Enjoy! :devious:

This fella might help....
http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/WorldCup/NationalNews/Vuvuzela-gets-a-celtic-twist-20100607

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think the Uruguayians may have been a little lucky with their first two goals. The first one was going over when it left Forlan's boot, but took a deflection off one of the SA defenders. For the penalty, I think the ball took a touch off an Uruguayian player on it's way through, the guy was off-side when he got cropped. Still, the better team won.

If goal difference determines placings then I guess you want a draw tonight, if not then if France win they'll put Mexico on the back foot and then you just need to beat France! No problem!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I'm getting tired how the English commentators and pundits absolutely spunk themselves to a husk when a Brazilian or an Argeninian do something even remotely related to skillful.
"only a Brasilian could do that"
Errr....no you ****ing dipwad....just NO

And as I'm typing this the Argentinian defence show JUST how it's done
:) :) :)

KevinG

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least there is no Tommy Smyth this time round. The only noise worse than a vuvuzela...

I'm starting to find Harkes somewhat annoying (obviously this is US based ESPN) but he's not in the same league as the leprachaun.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
This is the year of the england.
I agree this is definitely the year of England. Sadly this does not mean the England will win. The fact they have the best team and the best coach ever is not enough to reserve a spot for the final. There are at least four team better than England, but everything is possible in this game. If Italy fails I sincerely hope they can beat Brazil, Germany, Argentina and/or Spain.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the Central American countries I think will "sweep" into the finals and "take it all"...

The USA, just hoping to get a "win"....

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I wish to review my vote given that England last night were just dogsh1t
Fuk me....get 11 of our League Two players out there they'd show more pride in wearing the shirt.
Pile of toss

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Strange, you must have been watching a different game. I thoroughly enjoyed that one :)

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I wish to review my vote given that England last night were just dogsh1t
Fuk me....get 11 of our League Two players out there they'd show more pride in wearing the shirt.
Pile of toss
Sorry about England. One of my World Cup highlights so far was the announcer saying right when that ended "That was just a poor, poor match." How utterly refreshing.

S

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Sorry about England. One of my World Cup highlights so far was the announcer saying right when that ended "That was just a poor, poor match." How utterly refreshing.

S
My biggest world cup highlight was the final whistle.
Oh well...been here before and we made it to the semi final last time....
Here's hoping

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
New Zealand is playing the Italian Women's Soccer team. They had a 1-0 lead when apparently a NZ player tugged on an Italian's dress causing her to sprawl and hurt her vagina. PK and it's 1-1. Throughout the match the NZ bullies keep fouling the helpless Italian women vaginas. :rolleyes:

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
New Zealand is playing the Italian Women's Soccer team. They had a 1-0 lead when apparently a NZ player tugged on an Italian's dress causing her to sprawl and hurt her vagina. PK and it's 1-1. Throughout the match the NZ bullies keep fouling the helpless Italian women vaginas. :rolleyes:
WHOA Hah!!!
Try as they might Those Italain Woman Vaginas just couldn't get rid of those irritating erect Kiwi phalluses.

1-1!

I think those ladies might have worries a lot shorter than 9 months out