World Cup 2010 : who's gonna win the thing ??

who will win the cup?

• Total voters

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
World Cup 2010 has started. Who's able to predict who will win?

Note you can vote only for teams that could really win, not all sides are listed.

time to vote until next 17th June

Last edited:

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I say Argentina just because I was in Buenos Aires recently and the people there are really into it.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I say Argentina just because I was in Buenos Aires recently and the people there are really into it.
You're right there....those South Americans generally are absolutely nuts about the sport.
I seem to recall a Columbian football player respoinsible for conceding an important world cup goal being shot dead as he exited the plane home a good few years back.
And of course....I think it was El Salvador and Honduras (perhaps some Egghead can put me right if I've gone slightly awry with the facts there) who went to war over a football match...yes THEY STARTED A WAR BECAUSE OF A GAME OF FOOTBALL

Regretfully I cannot bring myself to wish any team featuring Maradona any luck whatsoever because he's a filthy cheating scumbag....
And that's quite sad because I think Messi is an absolute gem of a player

Last edited:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Spain, and not just because they've kicked our polish arses 6:0 lately...

Spain has team of best league players out there, to make this team more representation co-operative is crucial for them.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
eh eh,
simply don't answer or write a comment as the one you posted!

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ear plug factories from the sound of it.. unless your too PC to complain about the noise.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
R Hooks said:
Ear plug factories from the sound of it.. unless your too PC to complain about the noise.
They've calmed down a bit, at least comparing to what was when South Africa played with Mexico, when I wasn't able to hear anything more than hive of overgrown bees on amphetamine...

Some people wrote a petition to FIFA that they should do something with this crap, but honestly what FIFA can actually do with it.

Last edited:

KevinG

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Argentina wont win - Maradona is mad and the team will implode as soon as something goes wrong - put a decent manager in charge and they would be top tier. Germans look real good. Brazil and Spain are the obvious choices.

Panzer Dude

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'll have to go with Spain as well. Germany looked good but Australia wasn't much of a test. Two of the four German goals were after Australia had someone sent off with a red card so the score is a little deceiving. There was no denying that their passing game was spot on. Switzerland is my team since I'm half Swiss. I'll be happy if they can advance out of their division.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
England font have the depth to do it. Their first team is good but take Rooney out and where are the goals going to come from? Spain would be my choice even after their loss. The team is strong and every team has a bad game, they didn't play badly just did not get lucky enough.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Any converts to the Swiss cause after this morning (or whatever time it was where you are)? :laugh:

S
I can't believe it. SWISS? I mean great country and stuff, but damn it, WITH SPAIN?! What the hell is going on out there in Africa!

Panzer Dude

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh yeah! With the Swiss it's all about verteidigung (defense)! And they pulled this off with injuries to Senderos and their captain Frei! Get out your cowbells and party!

Hopp Schwyz!