World Cup 2010.....USA v England....

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It's damn annoying and headache inducing. So much so that i've stopped watching the games. I'll still watch the US games, but it has taken the joy out of the World Cup for me which is the only time i watch soccer.
What a wuss! Just like Scolari and Burt! ;)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
tuneless, annoying, childish, pathetic drivel .............. it just goes on and on and on AND ON!

I think its a reflection on a nation who are uncomfortable with their own identity ..... re-enforces their status as a 3rd world country, their bad diet, their drug and drink culture, domestic abuse is rife and their male poulation prefer not to work but doss about all day!

Why do they like it so much? Take a look at this and even some of the locals look disinterested! Someone needs to re-educate this country and move them away from such primeval instruments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sATUVOpVFv0

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I'm not a soccer fan but with ALL the HYPE about it I thought I'd give it another try.

I still don't really get it: like, HOW can their be a TIE? Its the WORLD CUP: whatever that is

and I feel winded just watching

But that insesant baying of the vavblablbla...'s was a real turn off for an espiring 'fan.' Don't know if I could suffer through another but I tried.

Exuberence and celebration is one thing: THAT is so over the top. Such behavior might give future event planners pause in the future

still think it might be a commie girls game though

anyway: GO USA

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
TURN THE FECKIN' VOLUME DOWN ON YOUR FECKIN' TV!

Otherwise plz shut teh feck up.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
TURN THE FECKIN' VOLUME DOWN ON YOUR FECKIN' TV!

Otherwise plz shut teh feck up.
Well ya, HAD to turn it WAY down, but also being completely in the dark as to what is going on I rely on the announcers to clue me in.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good grief. If ever there was a sport where commentary is not required it is soccer... I mean, it goes like this.

1. You can not pick up the ball unless you are a non-English goalkeeper.

2. You must fall over if a member of the opposite team comes within five feet of you. You must behave as if maimed (note this does not form part of the women's soccer game as they have more pride in themselves).

3. The off side rule is irrelevant since it has been shown that it is not possible for the officials to rule on this properly (this is true).

And that pretty much covers it.

n3ddy

Reaction score
Country
llSouth Africa
I think its a reflection on a nation who are uncomfortable with their own identity ..... re-enforces their status as a 3rd world country, their bad diet, their drug and drink culture, domestic abuse is rife and their male poulation prefer not to work but doss about all day!

Why do they like it so much? Take a look at this and even some of the locals look disinterested! Someone needs to re-educate this country and move them away from such primeval instruments!
Please don't hold back! Let it ALL out, you'll feel better afterwards... Were you ever to visit our shores you would nonetheless be welcomed with a grace and politeness that you have not shown us in your comments.

Last edited:

Bob Holmstrom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Um, check the link. He was referring to Scotland not SA.

Having lived in Scotland for a period of time, he has it mostly right. ;-)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Please don't hold back! Let it ALL out, you'll feel better afterwards... Were you ever to visit our shores you would nonetheless be welcomed with a grace and politeness that you have not shown us in your comments.
Click on the link.
It's a joke

n3ddy

Reaction score
Country
llSouth Africa
Oops! A million apologies! We're all a bit sensitive about the bloody vuvuzela at the moment - most of us hate it I and I DID'NT check the link cos I'm surfing on my mobile. Shows you what happens when you react defensively! Again, sorry for the post!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

I can say this :)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Oops! A million apologies! We're all a bit sensitive about the bloody vuvuzela at the moment - most of us hate it I and I DID'NT check the link cos I'm surfing on my mobile. Shows you what happens when you react defensively! Again, sorry for the post!
No problem....I have done exactly the same on many occasions.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Please don't hold back! Let it ALL out, you'll feel better afterwards... Were you ever to visit our shores you would nonetheless be welcomed with a grace and politeness that you have not shown us in your comments

I can say this :)
Slainte :)

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To be fair, most Americans (I am an American, though an ex-Pat) don't care. Though with the rise of a generation that has grown up playing it and the utter mismanagement of MLB, this is changing. I am a somewhat interested but relatively uninformed observer, so will not venture an opinion myself. :)

S
Why would the lack of subject knowledge stop any American from voting? :)