Workshop to use 3.0.0.17 Patch

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A quick, but important note that once the workshop will be making use of the
Version 3.0.0.17 beta, now available for download from the members section at http://www.matrixgames.com/members/.

It is a significant sized download, but if you play just 30 turns of FiTE, you will receive a return on your investment in time, even for a dial-up connection. The supply and replacement phase processes considerably faster. It addresses some important issues such as potential for units to go into re-org/route; excess anti-aircraft strength; etc.

This is one thing we were waiting to see before starting, so now once the development team is operational - we should be able to start, but that may be a few days yet. I apologize for the delay with this, but it's fair to the veteran players who are assisting in the workshop who also contribute in one way or another to TOAW III.

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Heinz57 said:
This is one thing we were waiting to see before starting, so now once the development team is operational - we should be able to start, but that may be a few days yet. I apologize for the delay with this, but it's fair to the veteran players who are assisting in the workshop who also contribute in one way or another to TOAW III.
With this in mind, it would be a good time to point out that some members of the development group never provided their mailing addresses. If you're waiting on the game to be mailed to you, and we don't know where that is, then you're going to be waiting longer than you think!

Please contact me, by PM, or by email, if you were a member of the scenario evaluation team, and you think you may have gotten lost in the shuffle. Put "TOAW III (address)" in the subject line, and mail to iamjamiam (at) yahoo (dot) com.

All those who we had addresses for, had their copies shipped on July 7, and July 8, using US Mail. US addresses should receive their copies within the week, while overseas may be slightly more delayed.

Benbur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, do the beginners need this patch? I can't find it on the Matrix Games webpage? I followed your link and downloaded the Beta Lang pack, is that it?

Thanks in advance.

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To get the 3.0.0.17 beta patch, you will need to log into the Matrix Member's area, make sure your game (and serial number) is registered which will provide you access to this latest patch. It won't be available if you haven't registered your purchase.

Note that it is about 16 - 17 Mb in size.

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Benbur said:
Hi, do the beginners need this patch? I can't find it on the Matrix Games webpage? I followed your link and downloaded the Beta Lang pack, is that it?

Thanks in advance.
It's right below it.

Heppy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Boys, I'm threaders with this. I'm 40 years old. The interweb is a foul sewer for those of you not old enough to remember a time before it. I buy a game. I upgrade it with the current 14 version as posted by the publisher. Now you want me to sign up to some secret squirrel 17 version only available in secret if I sign over my first born to satan. I can't be bothered - I have a life. If it is essential can someone please just post it on Matrix or lets call the whole thing off. Regards, H

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Heppy said:
Boys, I'm threaders with this. I'm 40 years old. The interweb is a foul sewer for those of you not old enough to remember a time before it. I buy a game. I upgrade it with the current 14 version as posted by the publisher. Now you want me to sign up to some secret squirrel 17 version only available in secret if I sign over my first born to satan. I can't be bothered - I have a life. If it is essential can someone please just post it on Matrix or lets call the whole thing off. Regards, H
It is available on Matrix, and is put out by Matrix. Registering you game is not exaclty selling your first born...
Step by step:
Step 1:
Go to www.matrixgames.com.
Step 2:
There should be a long list of links at the top, one is called Members. Click that once.
Step 3:
I imagine you aren't registered yet, so click on the 'sign up now button. Should be 'near' the top of your screen.
Step 4:
here it asked you for a few things, a User name and an email addy, make sure it is the one you use. I don't knwo, but I have a hunch Matrix will keep our info safe. All the recommended and Optional fields are just that, recommended and optional, so skip 'em. :)
Step 5:
Once you have gotten signed up, go back to the Matrix member's area. It'll ask you for your username, which you supplied earlier, and your password.
Step 6:
Once you have logged in, it takes you to a new screen, in the middle of the screen there will be a verticle list of links, above that list there should be 'Note : You must register your serial number to access 'Private Downloads'.
' click on the orange highlighted register, and enter your serial and such for TOAW III in there. Viola.
Step 7:
Go back to the members area and look for that list of verticle links again. at the top of the list should be 'my games' click on that.
Step 8:
That'll take you to a new screen. If you registered your TOAW III correctly you should see: Games Registered
Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III 7 JUN 2006 ------ Private Downloads
Click on provate downloads.
Step 9:
There you'll see a confusing lost of things you can dowload. Look at the top of the list, should be something called the language kit. Ignore that and find the one that is called 'TOAW III Beta Update v.3.0.0.17'
Download that.
Step 10:
unzip what you just downloaded and run the executable file that you unzipped.
Step 11: Ask any more questions you need answered to get you through.
Step 12: Celebrate having the latest patch from Martix!!! :laugh:

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 3.0.0.17 patch is a beta (non-public) patch available to those who have registered their game. It appears that Matrix Games is providing a high level of support for TOAW as Ralph Trickey and James Mathews and the TOAD Team are working pretty actively with it. In that we've gone several years without support for TOAW, a large "wish-list" developed from the TOAW community. Their ongoing support is likely to produce further upgrades.

It's no problem if you are inclined to not get the latest patch, just let me know if you prefer to drop from the workshop or continue. I have to apologize for things getting off to a slow start, deferring for a number of players to get their copy.

For the sake of a definite time line, we'll commence actual play on July 19 which should allow for the majority to get their copies and the balance won't be far behind.

----edited one 't'

Last edited:

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
E's are on sale, buy one get one free! But wait!!! Order now, and we'll throw in an A, I, O, U. But, that's not all, five of the next twelve callers will receive the special bonus package with one of our special limited edition Y's which are perfect for special occasions!

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Which Advanced Game Options are going to be set On/Off?

I would like to see High Supply On.

I don't have much of a preference for No Borders, in this particular game, though it might be argued it makes things less clear for new players to have it on.

Movies and SitReps might make for more information for the new players, but it could get out of hand, as well. In any case, there are the "end of turn" files that are co-written with the PBL file, and those would probably suffice for the use of swapping between teammates and strategizing.

Air Staff Assistant definitely OFF!

The other five original ones, at the top of the list should be ON.

There should probably be some consensus reached and an official statement made before we start. If one hasn't already been made, and I just missed it, that is...

I kind of wanted to get a headstart on my turn, whenever I get a quiet moment, so that I can do a step-by-step guide for some things the Allied Team might want to keep in mind.

That is, in between changing diapers, fielding support questions, working, repairing stuff around the house, et cetera...:laugh:

shoelessjoe

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
high supply?

JAMiAM said:
Which Advanced Game Options are going to be set On/Off?

I would like to see High Supply On.
Was this ever answered? Are we playing with high supply on or with the default off?

thanks.