Work has renewed on my Iwo Jima module.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Several years ago I posted about my Iwo Jima module. There was great feedback. It all stopped once I had the preliminary development done. I stumbled on articulating my notes and the ideas in my head into a fully written HASL chapter. We all know how precise the ASL rules need to be and my mind just does not work in that way for me to write my ideas as ASL speak.

However, I have teamed up with Carl Nogueira who is well known for his articles on ASL rules. He is a very busy man, but has undertaken the task of writing this HASL chapter with me. I will give the design ideas and he will articulate them as ASL rules. We all know this will take time, but it is on the road again. Back in development.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Yeah, Carl is busy as hell, I can confirm that, he does enough for Dispatches,
that is for sure. Retirement? What the hell is that? Time to roll some dice...
He is the right man for the job to be sure. He knows the rules very well and can articulate them. This project is just one of several he has on the go. So slow and steady does it.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
On a recent perusal through my files, I came across some work I did on a possible title page for an Iwo module. Was that for you? Did I ever send you anything?

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to hear this Jan I was excited when you first posted about it and I followed your replay. Good luck I hope its released I'll be ready to buy.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
On a recent perusal through my files, I came across some work I did on a possible title page for an Iwo module. Was that for you? Did I ever send you anything?
Hi Alan, you didn't send anything. There was a thread I started about the possible name for the module. It might have been in response to that.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Alan, you didn't send anything. There was a thread I started about the possible name for the module. It might have been in response to that.
Is yours centered on Airfield No.2?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I have my own list of possible titles for the module.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My two cents - keep the HASL simple. Do not create any more new rules. Like the rules for cows in the recent St Mere Eglise module.

Please don't do it - ASL is bad enough as it is......

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My two cents - keep the HASL simple. Do not create any more new rules. Like the rules for cows in the recent St Mere Eglise module.
But, but.... the Giant Sand Crabs at Iwo! They'll do your ankle to bits, they will!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Having said that the players can opt to leave the new rules out if they prefer - it would not break the module.