Wooden Bridge

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Rule B6.42 regarding the above states ;
" Wooden bridges may collapse under loads > their current weight limit The first time the total weight of vehicles/wrecks on a Wooden bridge ( regardless of length)exceeds ten tons, Bridge collapse DR must be made. The DR is modified for every five ton increment in excess of the current Bridge weight limit. "

How is the weight limit known ?
How does one determine the weight of an AFV counter ?

I am specifically asking regarding ASL Scenario 66 "The Bushmasters", as there is a Wooden Bridge leading to victory hexes, and there is no SSR referring to weight limits etc.

Thanks in advance ..

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You roll when the first vehicle that weighs > 10 tonnes enters the bridge.

If it does not collapse the weight limit is that of the vehicle.

The weight of vehicles are listed in Chapter H.

Right, thank you, found it, much appreciated 😁👍

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was sure that Klas's reference to tonnes (metric tons) was slightly off. But the vehicle listing key makes clear that the WGT refers to "weight in metric tons, rounded to the nearest half ton." The references in B6.42 should be "exceeds ten metric tons" or "exceeds ten tonnes."

As usual, Klas is spot on: > 10 tonnes.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The rule B6.42 specifies tons... my chapter H vehicle listings just give numbers eg. M4A1 30.5

The Yanks ( still ) use Imperial...surely there's not a metric/Imperial rule !? 🤪

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The Vehicle Listing keys says:
WGT Combat weight in metric tons, rounded to the nearest half ton.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Vehicle Listing keys says:
WGT Combat weight in metric tons, rounded to the nearest half ton.
OK, well, given the small disparity, I'll just use tons...won't make a lot of difference I don't think if a 30 + ton vehicle drives over a bridge with a 10 ton limit. +4...

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the Japanese ‘In your face’ defence in Bushmasters, stop ‘em on the board edge massacre.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I like the Japanese ‘In your face’ defence in Bushmasters, stop ‘em on the board edge massacre.
Yes, that's an interesting idea - I'm playing the game against myself, as a way of learning the rules better ; recent games against my regular opponent have proved how deficient my knowledge is. The 37L and ATR seem pretty useless other than with side shots and deliberate immobilisation, and the Banzai charge reinforcements need to come on sooner rather than later I think.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, that's an interesting idea - I'm playing the game against myself, as a way of learning the rules better ; recent games against my regular opponent have proved how deficient my knowledge is. The 37L and ATR seem pretty useless other than with side shots and deliberate immobilisation, and the Banzai charge reinforcements need to come on sooner rather than later I think.
Set up the Japanese far forward making sure to criss-cross the first turn entry hexes with firepower. The Americans have nowhere to hide and the Japanese counterattack. I used it once and the game was over on turn 2.

Last edited: