WO16 Wildcat Strike VC Question

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The VC for WO16 "Wildcat Strike" read as follows:

Provided the Japanese amass ≤ 25 CVP, the Americans win at the end of any Game Turn by having more VP (calculated as Exit VP) of Good Order Infantry in buildings west of the 10zGG6-CC7-Z5-X6-U7-S8-R8 road than the Japanese.

The Japanese also earn 1VP at the end of each Game Turn if there are no Good Order American MMC in any board 10z building, and 1VP at the end of each Game Turn in which ≥ 1 Good Order non-hidden Japanese unit is in a board 67 building.
[Paragraph break mine]

The first part of that strikes me as pretty straightforward. The second part is more confusing. Are the VP awarded to the Japanese applied to their Good Order Infantry total, or are they treated as CVP? If the former, do VP, once awarded, carry over from turn to turn? E.g. if I have a single Good Order non-hidden squad in a board 67 building for 4 Game Turns, is my VP total 4+(Good Order Infantry VP in buildings west of the road) at the end of the 4th Game Turn?

Thanks in advance!

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
This is my interpretation.

The Japanese VP per the second paragraph have no impact on the 25 CVP in the first paragraph.

The two "1 VP" the Japanese can gain per the second paragraph are cumulative and added up each time the requirements are met. This total is added to the total number of "VP (calculated as Exit VP)" the Japanese have west of the road. This Japanese total of VP is then compared to the American "VP (calculated as Exit VP)" west of the road.

The second part is more confusing. Are the VP awarded to the Japanese applied to their Good Order Infantry total, or are they treated as CVP?
Total VP - not CVP.

If the former, do VP, once awarded, carry over from turn to turn? E.g. if I have a single Good Order non-hidden squad in a board 67 building for 4 Game Turns, is my VP total 4+(Good Order Infantry VP in buildings west of the road) at the end of the 4th Game Turn?
Yes (they do carry over).