WO12 "Heart Of Wilderness" Question on Setup Area

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am currently setting this up and have some trouble understanding the German setup area which is defined as follows:

Set up on/between hexrows G and AA on board 32 in hexes numbered greater or equal to 6 and/or on board 67.

Please have a look at the following screenshot. Did I get the setup area right (delineated with a black dotted line)?

HoW.jpg

Edit 4. Oct. 2017:
The above setup area is wrong. It should be as below.

WO12 Heart Of Wilderness Scenario Archive.jpg

Thanks for your help,
von Marwitz

Last edited:

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's been a while, but I thought it looked something like this. Scroll down and click on WO12 spread. FWIW, I believe your German setup area is correct. The Soviet entry points in your image are not clear, however.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The Soviet entry points in your image are not clear, however.
Seems that I was in doubt on what I got right and at the same time have mixed up east and west, which I did not notice at all. Just as a good 6+1 should do... :oops:

Thanks for your help, folks!
von Marwitz

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It's a good scenario you won't regret spending time on the (reasonably complex) setup.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It's a good scenario you won't regret spending time on the (reasonably complex) setup.
In fact, I am looking forward to this one. I like scenarios with Pillboxes and Trenches to build little castles...

von Marwitz

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Resurrecting this old thread.

On my scenario card the German setup instructions are:

on/between hexrows G and AA: on board 32 in hexes numbered greater or equal to 6 and/or on board 67.

The nuance being the colon after AA. To me this says G->AA on both boards, with additional restrictions on board 32. The discussion here seems to disagree -- I would welcome further insight -- thanks.

I looked for errata at MMP for this scenario but came up empty.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I had overlooked the colon.

I think you make a good case for the entire setup area being bounded by the G-AA hexrows, and further circumscribed by the restrictions placed on board 32.

If the colon is deliberate, as I (now) suspect it is, your interpretation makes the most sense. And if so, good catch.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I had overlooked the colon.

I think you make a good case for the entire setup area being bounded by the G-AA hexrows, and further circumscribed by the restrictions placed on board 32.

If the colon is deliberate, as I (now) suspect it is, your interpretation makes the most sense. And if so, good catch.
I agree.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I first did this wrong in my original setup as well (first post has been edited to point this out). It should be as below:

WO12 Heart Of Wilderness Scenario Archive.jpg

This is a very good scenario by the way. Enjoyed playing this one a lot!

von Marwitz