WO10 Purchase Tables

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at scenario WO10 All Along the Merderet,and reading over the Purchase Tables for the Germans,I have a question regarding the use of </=6 points to purchase the German force.

If a player decides to purchase the PzKpfw III G they will need to spend 2 points to purchase it.

If a player then uses 3 points to purchase the Smoke Bonus,then one of the benefits of this bonus is the PzKpfw III G will have sD9 (outlined in SSR 5.)

So at this point you have used 5 points,leaving only 1 point to purchase MMC and Leaders---only problem is you only have 1 point so cannot purchase from both categories.

Seems the math does not work for the Germans to get a force from all four categories IF he purchases that Panzer with Smoke Bonus--or am I missing something????

buser333

Reaction score
Looking at scenario WO10 All Along the Merderet,and reading over the Purchase Tables for the Germans,I have a question regarding the use of </=6 points to purchase the German force.

If a player decides to purchase the PzKpfw III G they will need to spend 2 points to purchase it.

If a player then uses 3 points to purchase the Smoke Bonus,then one of the benefits of this bonus is the PzKpfw III G will have sD9 (outlined in SSR 5.)

So at this point you have used 5 points,leaving only 1 point to purchase MMC and Leaders---only problem is you only have 1 point so cannot purchase from both categories.

Seems the math does not work for the Germans to get a force from all four categories IF he purchases that Panzer with Smoke Bonus--or am I missing something????
Looks right to me. Nothing says you have to buy something from each category.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It does seem like the Pz IIIG and the Smoke Bonus combo is unlikely, since then one wouldn't get both MMC and leaders. However, the German Balance increases the purchase points to 7 - so then it might be a more realistic option.