WO Bonus Pack 2023

Doc Martin

Reaction score
I was in the Navy, and spent all my time at Parris Island and Camp LeJeune, as well as the Med.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I tried... 1 year in the Navy before the Marines... bad ears that could not take the pressure and I was tone-deaf for Sonar.
Transferred to the Marines, as long as I could shoot and fight, they overlooked those defects as well as my heart murmur and flat feet.
But your head fit into the jar. Sorry, couldn't resist! Semper Fi from a squid airedale.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Can not go wrong with a Pete Shelling design thats for sure. Do any of the scenarios require board 77 to play?
We have a Pete Shelling design in Korea going into Dispatch #55, due out later in March... You are right, he handed us something that was pretty close to done before we even started the playtest... He is a designing shaman in ASL...

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a fan of KWASL, just way way too complicated and everything feels the same, hordes of chinaman charging into machine gun fire gets old real quick.

We have a Pete Shelling design in Korea going into Dispatch #55, due out later in March... You are right, he handed us something that was pretty close to done before we even started the playtest... He is a designing shaman in ASL...

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both boards (and 2 others not published) were designed to add more Eastern Front looking boards (which IMO are sorely lacking).

Board 89 was inspired by Mark Pitcavage some couple years ago who complained about a lack of more realistic Soviet villages. It was also based on the little village of Teploye, Ukraine.
Board 90 was based on the thought that we don't have a full geoboard that has exclusively Grainfields. This board can be used for other theaters also - France, Germany, Poland, etc..
Both boards intentionally have no Hills and 90 (and 91) and no buildings - and are intentionally done to provide 'lay-up' or 'transition' terrain to mate with other 'object' (village, hill, etc.) terrain.

A third board (91)* is an Open board - a few Grainfields and Woods, but OPEN and designed to also help our Eastern Front designers.
A fourth board (92)* is a Hill board - looks similar to B77 but devoid of buildings.
* MMP has not committed to these - they're simply my wishlist :)

FrankH.

Reaction score
N
Both boards (and 2 others not published) were designed to add more Eastern Front looking boards (which IMO are sorely lacking).

Board 89 was inspired by Mark Pitcavage some couple years ago who complained about a lack of more realistic Soviet villages. It was also based on the little village of Teploye, Ukraine.
Board 90 was based on the thought that we don't have a full geoboard that has exclusively Grainfields. This board can be used for other theaters also - France, Germany, Poland, etc..
Both boards intentionally have no Hills and 90 (and 91) and no buildings - and are intentionally done to provide 'lay-up' or 'transition' terrain to mate with other 'object' (village, hill, etc.) terrain.

A third board (91)* is an Open board - a few Grainfields and Woods, but OPEN and designed to also help our Eastern Front designers.
A fourth board (92)* is a Hill board - looks similar to B77 but devoid of buildings.
* MMP has not committed to these - they're simply my wishlist :)
Nice to see thoughful, incremental progress. Or as least hear about it (like many others I haven't seen these boards yet).

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Not a fan of KWASL, just way way too complicated and everything feels the same, hordes of chinaman charging into machine gun fire gets old real quick.
This is NOT Chinese but early war Koreans being attacked early in the war with 6 morale Americans, if they did not have armor support to help (Meatchopper and a Chafee M24 tank) they would be in trouble. This is fought along a ridgeline and in the village below. Minimal Korean rules needed, this has the feel of late WW2. Korea is not my favorite theater of war but it can be interesting and we do not settle for the obvious, Pete does a great job of that, Vic.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you don't like Chinese night scenarios in particular, there are two good Rally Point packs having none of those. Also, there is the third-party HASL Fight for Seoul.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can not go wrong with a Pete Shelling design thats for sure. Do any of the scenarios require board 77 to play?
Well don't forget -Don did one himself. He seems to have the Kursk thing down, and that will be his assignment on the team going forward. (Or at least until he decides to try something else.) .

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What if the Chinese had a platoon of SS 658s and a couple Panthers as reinforcements? You'd play it then, wouldn't you?

Mehl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question about WO45:

The Russians get M4A2s but I'm not aware of any brown ones. So do you use green US ones or brown Sherman IIIs (the vehicle note says they are M4A2). The smoke numbers are different.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See ASLRB pages H28E and H28F — these say to use British Lend Lease counters.

IIRC, these may also have been printed somewhere in Russian color, but I can’t chase that down this moment.

Mehl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are brown M4/76s. No brown M4A2s.

The card should have a picture of a (brown) Sherman III if that's what you're supposed to use. Or an SSR if you're supposed to use a green version of what is pictured on the card. Like I said, they aren't the same.