WO 30 As Luck Would Have It

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Nice AAR. If I'd been the Germans I would have attacked strong up the right side and gone for the exit victory. The Brits looked too weak there even if I assumed the dummy was real and the AT Gun was in the vicinity.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Thanks for reading!
Quick comment: the style of the boards in the winter offensive 2019 pack are not usually described as "double-wide". "Double-wide board" is usually used for matched pairs of full-sized boards that are not geomorphic along one edge, for example Bounding Fire's DW-1a & DW-1b. Now these WO boards are also "double-wide" but they are also half-long unlike the Bounding Fire boards. As far as I know MMP has never produced a double-wide board in that sense. I have seen the style of boards used by MMP referred to as "Fort-style" because they were first used in a pack designed by Gary Fortenberry.

JR

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick comment: the style of the boards in the winter offensive 2019 pack are not usually described as "double-wide". "Double-wide board" is usually used for matched pairs of full-sized boards that are not geomorphic along one edge, for example Bounding Fire's DW-1a & DW-1b. Now these WO boards are also "double-wide" but they are also half-long unlike the Bounding Fire boards. As far as I know MMP has never produced a double-wide board in that sense. I have seen the style of boards used by MMP referred to as "Fort-style" because they were first used in a pack designed by Gary Fortenberry.

JR
MMPs 64 and 65 from a previous WO pack, as well as the Korea hill boards are true 'Double-wides'

I am starting a media campaign to refer to these as 'G3' styles maps (for 'Geomorphic on 3 sides')

The term 'Double wide' sounds too much like body shaming and therefore should be abolished ;)