WO 2020 Bonus Pack available

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As per Chas on Consimworld: http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Preorder/tabid/59/ProductID/374/Default.aspx

As others have said, board 13ab is really interesting. Love the graphic style; this is what I want to emulate in my own stuff. Points of interest:
  • Multilevel sewer system. I checked the rules and couldn't find anything that keeps one from moving up/down levels in a sewer, so phew.
  • As I stated before, the tragic failure to make the ground level of 13aP3 (which I suppose is 13bFF3) into Level 0, thus turning that building into a glorious multi-level building, which always makes scenarios better
  • Thankfully, a return to the old style wall artwork
  • UN-thankfully, use of the "felt texture" orchards, which are just unnecessary and meh.
  • Authentic Battle Damage (TM) on the K11 building
  • A completely unnecessary jog up the hill for the road in E13-F12-F11. I will forever hate it.
  • A Perry Sez just waiting to be asked: does an AFV in J19 get Hull Down with respect to K18, due to the LITTLE TINY part of the wall that seems to go up the hill? This is the kind of built-in rules confusion one should try to avoid, IMO.
  • What I would wager is the smallest "building" ever to grace an ASL hex, in 13aP18. That's an outhouse for sure. (Fortunately there's bigger buildings in the hex, but yikes).
  • Other OCD triggers like the way the hill crestline doesn't quite enclose the entire building in F18
Kvetching aside, this one's a beauty.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I fell in love on the first glance :love:
A vehicular entrance from J1 to J2 would have been nice

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Sewer manholes are a nice feature.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am curious -- on a lark I looked for 13a on the VASL board download site and noticed that 9a/b was the last one made available. Is 10a/b - 13a/b development in flight? If so, is there an estimate on their availability? Many thanks to the elves for all they do!

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
J2 is a Factory vehicular entrance; B23.742
...which means that hex J2 has 4 vehicular entrances, H17 has three entrances, and H18 has two...that's a lot of roll up doors and loading docks! Can we call this board The Ruhr? ;)

Semper Fi!
Scott

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
A Perry Sez just waiting to be asked: does an AFV in J19 get Hull Down with respect to K18, due to the LITTLE TINY part of the wall that seems to go up the hill? This is the kind of built-in rules confusion one should try to avoid, IMO.
Where is the rules confusion? B9.6 makes it crystal clear that neither J18/J19 nor J18/K19 are "hillside walls". You can't have a wall vertex be a hillside wall and the rest of the wall isn't. That would be a nonsensical conclusion to draw.

commissarmatt

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The review of a true board connoisseur. I imagine this review taking place next to a fireplace with Tom (in his smoking jacket) sipping from his brandy snifter and occasionally puffing on a cigar.
That's how I always picture Tom.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The review of a true board connoisseur. I imagine this review taking place next to a fireplace with Tom (in his smoking jacket) sipping from his brandy snifter and occasionally puffing on a cigar.
That's how I always picture Tom.
That’s exactly what Tom is like. At least from the quick glimpses I get when he opens the trap door to throw down potato peelings to us VASL elves scribing away in the dimly lit cellar.

pcourt

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got my WO Bonus Pack for 2020 and are map 13a and 13b identical? Was this intended or is that a printing issue. Or is there some really subtle difference I missed.

Thanks.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I just got my WO Bonus Pack for 2020 and are map 13a and 13b identical? Was this intended or is that a printing issue. Or is there some really subtle difference I missed.

Thanks.
All of these maps are like that. Just a few hexes along the edges are different.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Thanks so much for pointing that out. I just hadn't noticed.
It's so they can abut either half-board edge of a standard geo, which have different woods positions.

I wish we had adopted a better naming convention than 13a/13b...it makes it sound like two boards, when it's one with flexibility. I liked 13x but now that's in use for the modded version of 10 and 17, so guess we're stuck.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
It's so they can abut either half-board edge of a standard geo, which have different woods positions.

I wish we had adopted a better naming convention than 13a/13b...it makes it sound like two boards, when it's one with flexibility. I liked 13x but now that's in use for the modded version of 10 and 17, so guess we're stuck.
The convention seems clear enough:

a/b = alternate orientations for double-wide
z = modified geo

What would your suggestion be, out of curiosity?

Last edited: