Withdrawal into friendly Location with Concealed enemy

Philippe R

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
In CCPh, unit A withdraws into a friendly controlled Location occupied by a friend B and a Concealed Enemy unit C, in a not yet solved CC situation. Does A die as per A11.21?
If A could survive, can the opposite player invoque A12.14, forfeits C concealment and forbids A's withdrawal after its declaration?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I believe he would be destroyed. The enemy loses his concealment.

Concealment can be dropped prior to the withdrawal target being given but why would you?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
"A" would die as per A11.21, though your second idea should be possible.

I believe he would be destroyed. The enemy loses his concealment.

Concealment can be dropped prior to the withdrawal target being given but why would you?
I am guessing the opponent is afraid of the RS. If the friendly unit withdraws into a hex with concealed enemies, that unit is eliminated and an enemy unit is unconcealed chosen by RS. If the enemy simply revealed a weaker unit before the withdrawal happens (though after it is declared), he could keep a more important unit concealed.

I see no reason why he can't do this, but by revealing a unit beforehand, the withdrawing unit can select another location to move into.

All true? I think so...

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A11.2-.21 seems to be your answer (RS or voluntarily dropping concealment prior to withdrawal). G.4 DETECTION seems only to apply during the MPh as HIP units would have to be revealed (albeit still concealed) at the start of the CCPh, thus still invoking A11.2-.21.