Wisembach Roadblock

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Got together tonight with Dave David Howarth to playtest RM1 - Wisembach Roadblock, from the Race to the Meuse Tactical Mission.

Dave was very aggressive with his German motorcycle troops and made a full court press against my Belgian Chasseurs Ardennais; whose afraid of 8FP -1 attacks, not the 5-4-8 Germans.

By the end of Turn 3 (of 6 turns) Dave's Germans had pretty much swept my Belgians out of Wisembach village; I had a small group (8-1, 4-5-7, 2-4-8, & MMG) hanging on in the southern part of the village. Along the north side of the Meuse River, Dave's hard-charging motorcycle troops dismounted and forded the river to nearly close off the road we both needed to exit from. It wasn't looking good for the Belgians.

That is when fate turned, one of Dave's 5-4-8 with ATR closed on a Belgian 2-3-7 and faced a 4+2 attack that resulted in a 1MC; Dave rolled a "12"; so first was the squad suffered ELR, which by SSR split into 2x 2-3-8 HS and then random selection on which suffered the Casualty Reduce, which he rolled a pair of 2, so both dead. A similar occurrence happened a two turns later, this time a "12" follow by two "1" and again both HS died.

By the last turn (6), suddenly the Germans didn't have anyone in position of exit and those units that were just close enough had to run the gauntlet of fire past a Belgian 2-3-7 HS.

Final result, a close Belgian win. Total play time just under 3 hours. Great game Dave.

ineation

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
and forded the river
Arf, I played it a couple of weeks ago and we thought we could not ford the river... We found it weird as the bridge is destroyed but did not dig further... Now I am looking again (I am learning) and I can see that we had to use RM D3.0. Damn us for not reading the SSR more carefully!

Btw, thx for the AAR!