Wirbelwind/Ostwind Combo

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My two sections of 2 vehicle Wirbelwind and 2 vehicle Ostwind shot down 4 Mustangs in the campaign generator mission I just completed.

I think when deployed together in this type of a "mixed" platoon these weapons are very effective defense against jabo. The higher ROF of the quad Wirbelwind is supplemented by the hitting power of the 37mm Ostwind.

In future missions I will try to request more of them from the support pool.

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
MonsterZero said:
My two sections of 2 vehicle Wirbelwind and 2 vehicle Ostwind shot down 4 Mustangs in the campaign generator mission I just completed.

I think when deployed together in this type of a "mixed" platoon these weapons are very effective defense against jabo. The higher ROF of the quad Wirbelwind is supplemented by the hitting power of the 37mm Ostwind.

In future missions I will try to request more of them from the support pool.
They are, but you got lucky too. Wirbelwind is also deadly against infantry. I like to keep my SPAA in the same hex with a tank. When a plane targets a vehicle in that hex, it tries to destroy the AA before tank AND the AA gets more shots.

Flyboy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
20mm flak worked pretty good against infantry in Saving Private Ryan, if I recall . . .