Wintergewitter Axis turn depot

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Gentlemen

I have had a jaded interest in who won this one and how did it play out?

It looks to be an interesting scenario and I'd like to here some opinions if its completed.
Thanks

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi John, fancy meeting you here. We're still playing this, with each turn taking weeks. Had a few drop outs, too, which further slowed things down.

Interesting scenario. I thought it was lopsided and favoring Axis (actually I still do), but the allies get reinforced big time, so we'll see if it's possible to reverse the, now, German major victory. John Given is the allied commander and came up with the only probable strategy for the allies to have a chance. We'll keep you posted. Might even need you to take over a spot if we have another drop out.

Dave

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the turn had been sent by me onto the axis team ages ago (at least 6 weeks ago).

Didn't hear anything till Golfbill sent a message - about a month ago - asking who had the turn.

I responded that the axis had the turn, and Golfbill dropped off the map again.

IMO, we should give him to the 15th of August, and if there's no further contact from him, we need to assume he dropped...and have someone else play in his place and send the turn on.

Btw, if the axis team needs to start the turn over for any reason, I have the file, and I can resend it.

EDIT: Just checked the date on the wintergewitter file and it's June 22 2008. I then tried to open it with our password and got an "error opening file" error. So it's been forwarded and sent (I always send the turn right after I complete it).

Last edited:

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Gents,

If you need a fill in for Bill, I would be honored to take his place.

Just let me know.
Thanks
Big Ivan:smoke: