Winter Offensive 2023

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Starting this thread to see if I can keep my (already existing) reservation at the Comfort Inn and Convention Center this coming January. Hoping to pick up WO T-shirt in person this year!

And now, we wait...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Starting this thread to see if I can keep my (already existing) reservation at the Comfort Inn and Convention Center this coming January. Hoping to pick up WO T-shirt in person this year!

And now, we wait...
Good luck!

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
And now the hotel.... :)

Flight and Hotel booked ...... final countdown started!

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps you will be but the juice will be sweet!

Relax and enjoy the event. If you do well so much the better. If not who gives a rat's ass as long as you had fun. Learn things. Meet people. Raise a glass to our departed comrades. You'll do fine!🤗

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I will be going. Driving from FL.

This will be my first FTF ASL tournament. I played classic SL when it was published in the 70's. Started ASL only 3 years ago. I am going to be crushed..............
Good luck and good gunnin to you and all who attend. Give Perry a big smooch for me!😘

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Winter Offensive is a great tournament. Made some lifelong friends there. Hope to get back there next year or maybe 2024.
Hope you can make it soon.
When you say next year, do you mean next month?
Cause WO 2024 is in 13 months.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Time flies when you are having fun!

Perry Claus Is Coming To Town

You better not skulk, you better roll eyes.
You better not Rout, I'm telling you why.
Perry Claus is coming to town.

He knows what you preordered.
He knows you took the bait.
He knows if your check's bad or good.
So pay by card for goodness sake.

😉🤣😘😘

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Yes, next month, but I don't think that is going to work. More realistic is 2024. Might be bringing my son with me then if he can get enough playing time in!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes, next month, but I don't think that is going to work. More realistic is 2024. Might be bringing my son with me then if he can get enough playing time in!
Bring him anyway. The journey of thousands of scenarios starts with the first one. Good luck and teach him well!🤗

Rocket-Man

Space is only 100Km up
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I plan on attending Winter Offensive in January. I have paid for admission and booked a hotel room, but I have never been to a gaming convention before. I also haven't played against a human opponent since SL days. Does anybody have advice on what I should do to prepare for the convention?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I plan on attending Winter Offensive in January. I have paid for admission and booked a hotel room, but I have never been to a gaming convention before. I also haven't played against a human opponent since SL days. Does anybody have advice on what I should do to prepare for the convention?
Don't sweat the load. Everyone there will be more than willing to help you out. Your dice and ASLRB may be all you require. Perry can answer questions if you have concerns about what else to bring.

Relax, have fun, meet people and learn things. I guarentee players there will be more than willing to address any concerns you have and assist you as best they can. They may kick your a$$ in the process but that is how you will learn to kick theirs!😉

Roll low and good gunnin to you and all who attend. 🤗

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Seriously don't over think this. You will have a much better time if you approach it as an opportunity to expand your network with fellow ASLers and anything else is a bonus.