Winter Offensive 2018 Bonus Pack

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
I expect to see them on preorder this quarter.

I expect them to do better than the supplemental map pack.
They sure will if you guys post for free download the Hedgerow Hell and Streets of Fire scenarios!

EDIT: Damn you guys I see SoF is already available at MMP site. Any plans for HH?

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They sure will if you guys post for free download the Hedgerow Hell and Streets of Fire scenarios!

EDIT: Damn you guys I see SoF is already available at MMP site. Any plans for HH?
I searched and couldn’t find it.

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got mine, and the new DASL boards look nice!

The scenario mix was puzzling. No Germans versus Soviets? Only one US versus Germans? I was happy to see the FW scenario but two Chinese versus Japanese and the only appearance of Soviets is versus Italians?

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hopefully four new boards will lead to more scenarios. Played the Americans vs. SS scenario, it was fun and would play again.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Finally received my copy of WO 2018 yesterday. I really like the (potential) direction this is heading. The artwork on the maps is great, and hope to see a-h redone in this style as well. The old watercolor-appearance was cool when that 'was what it was', but the art on these new ones is a definite improvement IMO. The KW scenario holds no interest to me, but there is otherwise a nice variance among the scenarios. It would be nice to see some DASL as well featuring Finns/Allied/Axis Minors. I'm looking forward now to the a-h/overlays reprint.

Nice move, MMP!

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finally received my copy of WO 2018 yesterday. I really like the (potential) direction this is heading. The artwork on the maps is great, and hope to see a-h redone in this style as well. The old watercolor-appearance was cool when that 'was what it was', but the art on these new ones is a definite improvement IMO. The KW scenario holds no interest to me, but there is otherwise a nice variance among the scenarios. It would be nice to see some DASL as well featuring Finns/Allied/Axis Minors. I'm looking forward now to the a-h/overlays reprint.

Nice move, MMP!
A nice official DASL Budapest scenario by Bill Cirillo would be so cool!

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
A nice official DASL Budapest scenario by Bill Cirillo would be so cool!
I wonder if it could be done using existing DASL maps. Likely it would require generous overlay application, but I'm fine with that.

I would really like to see some Grain overlays added to the mix, and a small 4-5 hex stream and/or gully overlay as well.

Last edited:

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if it could be done using existing DASL maps. Likely it would require generous overlay application, but I'm fine with that.

I would really like to see some Grain overlays added to the mix, and a small 4-5 hex stream and/or gully overlay as well.
I agree. A diverse group of more overlays needs to be in the upcoming DASL reissue Pack.
I think Bill (Cirillo not myself in third person) could create a nice Budapest scenario or two using the existing boards and FB rules for random falling rubble.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question regarding SSR 3 in WO28 Dean's Defiance. The SSR allows the creation of 4X 5-2-7's in any hex that has 3 road hexsides. iD2/iE2 are narrow road hexes that technically have more then 3 road hexsides. Was intent of the scenario design to allow 5-2-7's to placed in these hexes or just road hex intersections?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Question regarding SSR 3 in WO28 Dean's Defiance. The SSR allows the creation of 4X 5-2-7's in any hex that has 3 road hexsides. iD2/iE2 are narrow road hexes that technically have more then 3 road hexsides. Was intent of the scenario design to allow 5-2-7's to placed in these hexes or just road hex intersections?
I think they only have two hexsides crossed by a road - I don't think the actual hexside D2-E2 is "crossed" by the road - i.e., you can't move from D2 to E2 using a road.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree. A diverse group of more overlays needs to be in the upcoming DASL reissue Pack.
I think Bill (Cirillo not myself in third person) could create a nice Budapest scenario or two using the existing boards and FB rules for random falling rubble.
I would certainly make use of any Deluxe Overlays. At one time I had some 'X' overlays blown up to deluxe size to make scenarios.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One thing that might be helpful is if we had the specifications necessary to blow up our overlays to deluxe size so we could have them printed ourselves. If it is for personal use and not for sale that should be OK. How much would we have to enlarge them so they would?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The size of a deluxe hex is approximately 2.17". The size of a regular hex is about 0.78". You should blow up your copies about 278%. Note that measuring hex sizes is harder than it looks, and you may want to try it on a sample before beginning a large production run.

JR

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The size of a deluxe hex is approximately 2.17". The size of a regular hex is about 0.78". You should blow up your copies about 278%. Note that measuring hex sizes is harder than it looks, and you may want to try it on a sample before beginning a large production run.

JR
I made that mistake with the CDG overlays (streams?). Chose the wrong size by 4% compared to my usual enlargement. They are usable enough, but I would spare others the indignity of having a lot of improperly sized overlays which don't seem to make very good coasters or to be good for much other than generating frustration.